Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Coconut oil- "Pure poison"

Default Coconut oil- "Pure poison"

Over the past 10 years or so, coconut oil has become a mainstay as both a food and a personal care product. Goop mentions it in at least 168 articles, even going so far as to recommend it as a lubricant for sex. It’s also been recommended in the mainstream media for everything from cooking to skin care and even oil pulling, a technique involving swishing the stuff around in your mouth like a mouthwash for cleansing. It’s become a darling of the so-called clean eating movement.

But a professor just declared that “coconut oil is pure poison” and “one of the worst foods you can eat.” Karin Michels, an adjunct epidemiology professor at Harvard’s T.H. Chan School of Public Health and the director of the Institute for Prevention and Tumor Epidemiology at the University of Freiburg in Germany, made this statement during a lecture in German in July.
    https://www.vox.com/science-and-heal...-saturated-fat

Some Harvard nerd goes to Germany and gets drunked up and spouts off the lipid hypothesis mantra and gets some YouTube views.

It's not like she's responsible for a whole set of dietary guidelines that were shoved at us for decades leading to the exponential explosion of diabetes, heart disease and dementia and created the obese giant that is our "health" "care" (i.e. chronic disease maintenance) industry.

Cut her some slack. She's just parroting what she's been told to say.

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

She must be funded by Wesson Oil.

I prefer my food fried in Crisco lard. They tried to tell me hog fat would kill me but they told the wrong person. My great-grandpa was a hog farmer, he and my great-grandma ate pig products every day. Everything was fried in lard, biscuits were made with lard, they ate bacon, green ham and cured ham most every day. Breakfast of pig brains and eggs was common. My great-grandpa dropped dead working on the farm at 106. Several years later my great-grandma said she wasn't gonna die until she saw me (momma was pregnant with me) but damn if she didn't go blind before I was born. But she got to hold me and then died a couple of weeks later at 103. I guess eating hog finally killed them.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

Lard .....Its what's for dinner.
    if you can meet with triumph and disaster and treat those two imposters just the same.....

About time for 2th and Glenn to get into it again with a bunch of nerdy diet talk.

ok

i think a lot of what we find on the internet is untrue. its scary the misinformation out there.

granted, how do we know what IS true?
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

You add 2, multiply by 5.3, and divide by Mergie.

Let's divide into 2 test groups.1/2 us will smoke drink eat lard fried food dairy and grains etc.We'll take the quad/SXS/Golf cart etc when we could walk. Let the other guys crossfit,exercise eat what might be considered more healthy by some and have basically no vices. After 60 or so years we'll see what's what.
    We gave you Corn,you gave us clap,bad trade.

I love coconuts. But coconut oil simply just does not taste like coconuts, plus not a really high smoke point. I think it would be good for smearing all over my body at the beginning of the season to start my base tan.

Don't forget the lime.

It's inferred

Quote Originally Posted by HARV View Post
    Let's divide into 2 test groups.1/2 us will smoke drink eat lard fried food dairy and grains etc.We'll take the quad/SXS/Golf cart etc when we could walk. Let the other guys crossfit,exercise eat what might be considered more healthy by some and have basically no vices. After 60 or so years we'll see what's what.
    Reminds me of the old joke...If you give up drinking, smoking and chasing wild women, you don't really live longer, it just seems longer.

Eggs are bad for you and margarine is good for you. That was spouted very few years ago. How about this. Does it take a chemical engineering degree to make? Don’t eat it.

Crisco is not lard. Crisco takes chemical engineering

If a man is alone in the woods, says something, and a woman does not hear, is he still wrong?

Bipartisan usually means that a larger-than-usual deception is being carried out. —George Carlin

Common sense is not a gift. It's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone else who doesn't have it.

This is lard:
    20180825_220700.jpg

looks like tallow to me

I will never forget the 5 gallon pails of lard that Bruce Jackson and Dick White rendered off some wild hogs. The Wateree swamp still has a tinge of that stink hanging around...

no doubt. i can smell the difference between boar sausage and sow sausage. a boar has a unique aroma, that's for sure....

I used to cook McDonalds french fries. We cooked them in what started out as a cube of solid lard that was melted in the deep fryer.
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

I can still smell it in that direction..

20180827_124232.jpg

Bruce did help shape a part of my childhood, I'm sure like plenty others
    Last edited by Highstrung; 08-27-2018 at 12:02 PM.

Must be nice
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!