Thread: Thank you Clemson

I just saw the halftime show and as a Veteran I must say "job well done" Thanks, that was great!
    Also, Kudos to JP or whoever does the ACC nowadys for recognizing it by showing and by shutting up and just showing it...very classy.

It was indeed first class. The day started w/a flyover by 4 F18s from Shaw AFB - that never gets old. Rarely do I sit through a halftime show, but was glad I was in my seat for that one.

Thank you to all of the veterans.
    I don't need my name in the marquee lights....

Took the kids for their first Clemson game. They had a blast! Got to go down on the field after the game to high five the players and take some pictures. Went back to tailgate and met Will Proctor and Dustin Fry. Both down to earth fellows and loves the attention from all the kids. Told Will we need one more win in two weeks. TD

BTW: That was a hell of a Halftime show. Hats off from us too.

Their are no F-18's from Shaw AFB. Try Beaufort NAS.
    SOMETIME\'S

F16's from Shaw.

Since we're on the subject of jets from Shaw, when they flew over last year I was returning from my kids baseball game in easley and they baked directly over me. I was in front of Hunt Meadows Elem. which is quite a ways from clemmons and listening to the pregame on the radio. Less than 10 seconds later they drowned out that dumbass that does y'alls sideline shit (Chad Carson, I think?) as they buzzed the stadium, pretty cool.

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Originally posted by senator:
    Their are no F-18's from Shaw AFB. Try Beaufort NAS.
    True that...the USAF doesn't do F-18s that's a Navy and sometimes Marine bird.

Shaw only has one Fighter Wing stationed there, the 20th. The 20th Wing has I think 3 units in it The 20th Wing flies only the F-16 birds. I tried to look it up and see what their inventory of zoomers was but it must be classified.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

It was 4 f-16's from the 79th fighter squadron, "The Tigers" whose commander is a Clemson Alum. (I thought that was pretty cool.)

Thanks to all veterans, especially those from the Vietnam era who didn't get the recognition when they deserved it.
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

Okay. I screwed up. It was 4 F16s . But who the hell cares what they were - it was and will always be cool as hell.

Thanks for correcting me - 4 TIMES
    Fockers... [img]graemlins/fu.gif[/img]

Originally posted by Simple Man:
    The day started w/a flyover by 4 F18s from Shaw AFB - that never gets old.
    I'm pretty sure they were F-16's since Shaw doesn't have F-18's. The F-18 is Navy bird.

[img]graemlins/moon.gif[/img]

The guy sitting beside me said the flight time from Shaw AFB to Clemson in an F16 is about 17 minutes. Any of you aeronautical sumbeeches care to confirm or refute that??

Or Less SM, afterburners do wonders.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

I'll vouch for that, ask me about it sometime and I'll tell ya a cool story...