Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2018 Ducks Unlimited Duck Population Survey

I’ve stopped a handful or two from leaving SC.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubberhead* View Post
    I don't know first-hand but my understanding is that ringnecks tend to breed in the boreal forest regions of the sub-arctic. These areas really aren't managed or even surveyed well. Most of the attention is on the “duck factory” of the prairie pothole region of the US and Canada. I have no doubt ringnecks have more than adequate wintering habitat just that no one is working to try to manage breeding habitat. We are basing 75% of our duck season on ducks that breed in unmanaged habitat and that are uncountable during the breeding season.

https://birdsna.org/Species-Account/...c/introduction
    thanks. i was just wondering.
    i know the delta folks have been sending me some emails about the old long point area.

i think they are interesting ducks. I know they arent what many people want, but i sure like to see and hear them at certain times of the year.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    No blackducks? List is garbage...
    They show the blackducks in the Eastern model, in which the op or DU didn't include.

https://deltawaterfowl.org/2018-waterfowl-survey/
    Last edited by Catdaddy; 08-21-2018 at 01:34 PM.

Thanks Catdaddy. I didn't see a region specific chart on DU when I looked.

I gotta say now that I have seen the Eastern Survey, I am sure optimistic about the future.... Not.
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

Booo. Migrate to the ducks. Don't wait on them to migrate to you...

I hope to do just that in a year or two. Waiting on the wife to finish her degree and then head west.
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

Meanwhile, in Heaven, I mean Canada...

Migratory bird hunters will be afforded increased opportunities in Canada this season as a result of several alterations to provincial and zone-specific regulations.

Daily bag limits for black ducks are increasing in a number of provinces. Hunters in Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island and Newfoundland/Labrador are now allowed to take six black ducks daily for the first portion of the waterfowl season, and four daily for the remainder of the season.
    https://deltawaterfowl.org/increased...g-regulations/

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Booo. Migrate to the ducks. Don't wait on them to migrate to you...
    Yea I’m outta here next Thursday
    80-20 Genaration

I'd love to hunt PEI and lay the tungsten to 6 black ducks before lunch.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Easy drive. Under a day. Absolutely no reason not to do it. Think of the people camped out for 3 days holding a tamie hole and hammer down...