Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Arkansas and Out of State Hunters - Survey

Default Arkansas and Out of State Hunters - Survey

https://survey.agfc.com/index.php?r=...562546&lang=en

I have no idea if it will help or not coming from out of state hunters but it is worth a try. The proposed dates that any out of state hunter will be allowed to hunt on a WMA are Nov. 17-25, 2018; Dec. 26, 2018-Jan. 6, 2019, and Jan. 19-27, 2019. No more pre Christmas trips or Martin Luther King weekends with the kids while they are out of school. And yes I realize there are other places in the state, but there are times when the stars line up that we like to be at certain WMAs.
    Become one with nature then marinate it.

Is it just me or will these regs just make the WMAs practically un huntable for the open days due to overcrowding?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.”

Quote Originally Posted by clembo3 View Post
    Is it just me or will these regs just make the WMAs practically un huntable for the open days due to overcrowding?

Probably so. overcrowding currently is way over stated and mostly an issued blown out of proportion by locals. We hunt almost exclusively WMA's with very little issue. I believe if this passes you will then truly see overcrowding

Quote Originally Posted by clembo3 View Post

Exactly what I included with my response to the survey I took.
    "George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, he shot them."

Who in the hell dreams up some of this shit??!! I am by far the brightest bulb in the building, but this is just plain stupid!! Now, all the OOS guys will be showing up in those time periods instead of being spread out. How much fucking sense does that make?? Just like the dumbasss 4am launch time.

If they want to limit OOS people then by gosh give them a limit of say 14 days and let the hunter choose the dates. I'm sure there is a way the hunter can get his dates the day before he leaves and I would think it would be pretty easy to enforce.

I basically told them this was THE stupidest shit I have ever heard of and gave them my suggestion which will probably go in file 13.

Just pure Bullshit~~
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.

Quote Originally Posted by head hunter View Post
    Probably so. overcrowding currently is way over stated and mostly an issued blown out of proportion by locals. We hunt almost exclusively WMA's with very little issue. I believe if this passes you will then truly see overcrowding
    It really is. Every time I’ve seen a place there that they say is crowded, it’s really not been that bad. I guess it’s just the big name WMAs that get all the pressure. Oh well, plenty of rivers there that hold ducks

“To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.”

People who say that it all stems from overcrowding are mostly wrong. There are enough acres of flooded bottomland woods to support the number of hunters that show up and hunt. People use the overcrowding as an excuse, but the fact of the matter is that some one gets beat to a named hole and then they say its crowded but a couple hundred yards away there are dozen other holes that can be hunted. Those said holes might not be as well known for great hunts but at least you are able to go hunt. We hunt the woods 100% of the time and yes some times there are alot of people there but its not overcrowded if you do your homework and actually scout to find new holes and more importantly find where the ducks want to be. Now yes the hunting has changed over the last 10 to 12 years, but we as hunters have brought most of it on ourselves. If they keep up with this nonsense they will a draw system put in place and that will be a negative impact for both residents and nonresidents.

Quote Originally Posted by Pee Dee Ducks View Post
    People who say that it all stems from overcrowding are mostly wrong. There are enough acres of flooded bottomland woods to support the number of hunters that show up and hunt. People use the overcrowding as an excuse, but the fact of the matter is that some one gets beat to a named hole and then they say its crowded but a couple hundred yards away there are dozen other holes that can be hunted. Those said holes might not be as well known for great hunts but at least you are able to go hunt. We hunt the woods 100% of the time and yes some times there are alot of people there but its not overcrowded if you do your homework and actually scout to find new holes and more importantly find where the ducks want to be. Now yes the hunting has changed over the last 10 to 12 years, but we as hunters have brought most of it on ourselves. If they keep up with this nonsense they will a draw system put in place and that will be a negative impact for both residents and nonresidents.
    Truth!

Quote Originally Posted by Pee Dee Ducks View Post
    I believe a draw is what they eventually want. If this new reg. passes, locals will still complain and then the AGFC can say "we tried everything and now its time for a draw system". There are indeed plenty of places to spread out but the local wants to ride in at 6:00AM and get the hole he wants. We never have a problem with the so called crowding. It really is much fuss about nothing!

Did not read the artical , but what about the years that they are planning to let the wood flood naturally and then do partial flooding in a 3 year span to protect the trees from being over flooded? You want to talk about over crowded when they only flood part of the WMA and then the dates that OOS s hunters show up and only have a 1/3 or 1/2 of the property to hunt. I dont hunt any WMA s but it still sounds stupid
    Last edited by scandler; 08-29-2018 at 09:19 PM.

Scandler you are right. The water control plan that Agfc has implemented will affect things as well. Traditionally the control structures were closed October 15th to allow the water to back up into the woods. Last year it was moved back until November. This will be the December closure of the flood gates and next year they will not close them at all. Traditionally the woods naturally flood every 3 years. But since 2010 I haven’t seen any good water during the opening season but twice. So with the dates that Agfc has set, the November dates will not be beneficial to OOSers. With that being said that now limits people to 21 days that they can hunt. Now that they have set specific dates that nonresident hunters can hunter it will make those weeks tuff for both residents and nonresident hunters. The problems that are happening aren’t from overcrowding but more so from a bunch of hunters that think they are entitled to everything and have no respect for others. Until we as hunters can learn to respect these Natural resources and hunt with good morals and get along with one another the problems will continue. If only hunters would put in ample time to scout and learn how to hunt in the woods the proper way, then maybe these things wouldn’t be an issue. Just my 2 cents!
    Last edited by Pee Dee Ducks; 08-21-2018 at 03:14 PM.

The powers that be are looking at Non residents like the Myrtle Beach tourists that they are. They see you buying from Marion at Mack's, a cheap hotel room, and food. They see you hunting for free. They all own land that they would like to see you either leasing or paying by the day to hunt. The free shit ain't cutting it. A draw system with preference for Residents will channel most to open their wallets one way or the other. You who take the chance to draw and miss will pile into Federal woods or by the day "guide" hunts on private. In the end, the percentage of OOS chance takers will be so small as to be inconsequential to the game. You miss and have a 40 minute drive to Federal and you are going to be late to the hunt. You won't do that many times before saying screw it. Or at least that is how it pretty much played out in Missouri when they went draw years ago...

The Federal land has been getting very crowded these last few years. And starting this year it’s pay to play.

What's the deal on that SD?

To access the White River Federal Refuge you will have to purchase a general use permit from them. This is for any activity within the Refuge.

You no longer have to carry the signed brochure with you. Now you have to purchase the $20.00 permit online thru the National Widelife Refuge

It's only $20, right?

Not going to be much of a deterrent. At least with federal land, there's room to stretch out if you put in the time.

Yes it is only $20.00. You can go to the Dale Bumpers White River NWF online site and it will give you the option to purchase online.

Good deal. Thanks for the heads up.