Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The best Verizon Android...?

Reception is really more of a carrier choice than phone choice.

Having said, for work I travel all over the world with a mix of Android and Apple team mates. I had an Apple work phone and an Android personal phone. Most times and in most places, my Android had better receptions, both on Verizon. I've had to use both and I prefer Android, specifically Samsung. For usage and user interface, the differences are trivial. If you're computer illiterate or need to get one for your aged parents, go Apple because they are closed/controlled source software, interface better with Apple workstations and there is slightly less chance of compatibility issues giving them problems.

I have a Galaxy 7 now and plan to upgrade soon for no good reason. One of my workmates carries his G8 every weekend out on the boat in salt water and doesn't take it out of his pocket when he swims. He takes underwater pictures with it...in SALT WATER. When they come out with shatterproof OLED screens, Apple will be sucking wind.

I have had the same galaxy s6 for years now. Lifeproof keeps sending me replacement cases free of charge. Best phone ever. My company issued brand new iphone16 or whatever... is still in the box on my desk.

Those in the know, is the s9 an improvement over the s8, or not worth the NEWness?
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

Quote Originally Posted by Gut_Pile View Post
    Use to hunt right outside of Owensboro
    It's beautiful out there but it ain't the lowcountry.
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

One more advantage on the Pixel. The updates are made available directly from Google. Which means when Android comes out with a new update you get it in real time. With most of the other Verizon phones you get it only after Verizon releases it and makes it available with their add ons included.

I had a turbo droid prior to this and it is nice to see the real time updates. I never got updates on the droid turbo. As has been discussed. Anything named turbo is suspect.

Cali...go blue on your text

I have tons of service where it matters
    Member of the Tenth Legion Since 2004

Samsung s9.... Best phone I've ever owned!
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

Quote Originally Posted by Calibogue View Post
    Samsung s9.... Best phone I've ever owned!
    Wish I had read this before I got the Moto Z2.

Quote Originally Posted by Catdaddy View Post
    Wish I had read this before I got the Moto Z2.
    Ive had the Z2 for a while and have zero complaints to date.

#droidlife

I've always gotten the Moto's with the shatterproof glass. Speaking of Kentucky, at Keeneland on Saturday my wife dropped hers off of a terrace onto a lower level roof and it slid down into a gutter and disappeared. Guest services called us yesterday morning from said phone. They repelled down to it and found it in no worse for wear. No case on the phone either. I love droids and Kentucky.
    Last edited by Stripa Swipa; 10-08-2018 at 10:30 AM.
    "hunting should be a challenge and a passion not a way of making a living or a road to fame"

Rubberhead

Moto Z2 here. Love it.

Galaxy Note 8 on Verizon..kicks much ass
    At least I'm housebroken.

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Nitz View Post
    Galaxy Note 8 on Verizon..kicks much ass
    This is a fact. Best phone I have ever owned. And FYI, get the liquid glass screen protector if you aren't going to do a lifepeoof case.
    Reality is only an illusion
    that occurs due to a lack of alcohol.

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity”. Sigmund Freud

Quote Originally Posted by badfaulkner View Post

......Some of you guys are fastidious and choosy to the point of near faggotry.