Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Top Three Players In SC

Quote Originally Posted by PJ1012 View Post
    I see what you did there lol
    Good...looks like it went right by most folks.
    Crops are harvested, animals are killed.

Quote Originally Posted by Catdaddy View Post
    And what does that have to do with 14 years?

Without googling every year, I just went back 12 years(2006) and neither Clemson or Alabama were in the AP top 25 all year.
    Cat it’s an poke at me and a well played one at that. Bravo haha

Try to get a bama fan to talk about Curry, Debose, or even tne great Mike Price. Last I heard Debose was coaching high scool in Enterprise, Ala.

What is Hattfield or Tommy West doing these days?

Ray Goff is making millions of Zaxby's. He damn sure ain't coaching

I agree with what you’re saying. Clemson has become more of a national brand and can recruit nation wide. Now whether it’s a fad for a few years or something they can continue is yet to be seen. I tend to think it’s more a fad because they haven’t done it constantly in years past. Maybe I’m looking through garnet glasses idk. But to the Clemson fans that can’t see that Carolina is beginning to recruit on a higher standard again like they did 6 or 7 years ago is looking through orange glasses. Carolina is getting much better. The dumpster fire the upstaters speak of has been put out. All that being said I still don’t see them having enough to compete this year with you. But I do with UGA for some reason. Carolina always has with them. There again it could be my garnet glasses again
    I for one think it's more than a "fad" as long as Dabo is there. I do think Muschamp is recruiting at a higher level for you guys than the last part of Spurrier's tenure. Spurrier was fortunate to have a few home grown talents that were elite want to be Gamecocks (Jeffries, Clowney, Lattimore) and that somewhat skewed his recruiting reputation to the upside. That said, he had it rolling and basically quit on you guys about 2 years before he officially quit. I think Muschamp can recruit, but, I don't know if he can out recruit Dabo or what Kirby is doing at Georgia. I don't think it's a dumpster fire anymore. The schedule is relatively easy this year and he has to parlay win's into recruits. Clemson's brand is hot right now nationally and I just hope it stays hot for a long time.

I still say if Spurrier would have played Newton at qb year 1.....he might would have done more than 5.

Quote Originally Posted by UPSTATEWATERFOWLER View Post
    I for one think it's more than a "fad" as long as Dabo is there. I do think Muschamp is recruiting at a higher level for you guys than the last part of Spurrier's tenure. Spurrier was fortunate to have a few home grown talents that were elite want to be Gamecocks (Jeffries, Clowney, Lattimore) and that somewhat skewed his recruiting reputation to the upside. That said, he had it rolling and basically quit on you guys about 2 years before he officially quit. I think Muschamp can recruit, but, I don't know if he can out recruit Dabo or what Kirby is doing at Georgia. I don't think it's a dumpster fire anymore. The schedule is relatively easy this year and he has to parlay win's into recruits. Clemson's brand is hot right now nationally and I just hope it stays hot for a long time.
    As Carolina fans we were saying the same thing about Swinney during the 5 year stretch and when we were taking all the recruits from Clemson. You can say what you want about it being homegrown talent and it was just that, but there were a lot of big name schools salivating over that talent including the team in the upstate. My point is that at one point most Clemson fans wanted Dabo fired because he could not beat Carolina. I'm sure everyone on this page will say I didn't say that. But I heard the voices of fire Dabo while sitting in Clemson Memorial Stadium those wonderful cold nights in November. Y'all were smart and gave him time and it paid off. I think Muschamp can recruit at a high level given time to build a program like Swinney has done. Clemson fans seem to forget that it wasn't that many years ago they were not at the level they are now under Swinney. I guess time will tell for Carolina. I will say this when Carolina hired Muschamp I was pretty pissed and I was not sold. The man I wanted and felt was coming was Smart(and I still say Mark Richt was fired at UGA to keep Smart from coming to Carolina). All that being said Muschamp has grown on me. I like his fire and he is working his butt off. Something that hasn't been in the program in 5 years or so. Time will tell I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by trkykilr View Post
    SC is recruiting better. They are gaining ground on KY and staying on par with Mizzou/Tenn/FL. That doesn’t mean they are closing the gap on Clemson or UGA.
    My God, you do realize Climp5in plays one ranked opponent this year and that is # 19 FSU?
    Pathetic path to an ACC Championship and the playoffs again, only to be bitch slapped again once you arrive.

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    My God, you do realize Climp5in plays one ranked opponent this year and that is # 19 FSU?
    Pathetic path to an ACC Championship and the playoffs again, only to be bitch slapped again once you arrive.
    Blah blah blah. Clemson's strength of schedule is about 20 slots ahead of USuC on several sites. The Gamecocks suck ass in one of the most embarrassing divisions in big time college football. Clemson dominates in an above average division.

As a side note, I find it humorous that Cocks love to talk about the good old days- that 5-7 year stretch when the Ole Ball Coach was getting it done. What can you talk about other than that? Nothing. No recent conference championships. No big bowl wins. Obviously no national championships. Just decades of mediocrity and excuses. And that will not change with Muscrap. He is recruiting better (than Spurrier did at the end of his tenure), but he won't change a dang thing because he's not a good coach. He landed in Columbia after he crashed and burned in the Swamp because nobody else would take him.
    Carolina Counsel

You never disappoint! Would the Citadel or Kentucky be considered "Bitch Slappers"? How about USuC? Reckon y'all will be ranked in November for your annual "Bitch Slapping"?

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina Counsel View Post
    Blah blah blah. Clemson's strength of schedule is about 20 slots ahead of USuC on several sites. The Gamecocks suck ass in one of the most embarrassing divisions in big time college football. Clemson dominates in an above average division.
    Im interested to know what teams make Clempsons schedule tougher, I really am.

The RTP gauntlet

Quote Originally Posted by SCswampCAT View Post
    Don't bring facts into this, the deflection is always predictable and entertaining
    I an pretty sure Climp5in ended their season with a L.
    #rightdirectionuntilsteppingoutofACC
    Last edited by ecu1984; 08-21-2018 at 02:56 PM.

To Clemson's fans credit, I almost never hear any of them try to say that their schedule is tough. They just always say, "Well, (insert any school here)'s schedule isn't tough either." Or, 'Well, who do yall play??"
    So, yes...deflection.
    Crops are harvested, animals are killed.

Don't bring facts into this, the deflection is always predictable and entertaining
    I an pretty sure Climp5in ended their season with a L.
    #rightdirectionuntilsteppingoutofACC
    I mean people may have all these equations im sure. But look at USC schedule and you'll see that USC has to play UGA and Clempson, two ranked teams compared to one of Clempsons? (FSU being ranked is mighty generous too) They both play A&M and USC goes on the road against Ole Piss, who should have a pretty firey offense. Saying clempson has a stronger schedule is Fake News.

Truth is you wont know squat about the schedule until the end of the year . You also wont know how good either team is . Why not just watch and enjoy ? No matter what... Dogs will be dogs and Tigers will be Tigers and Cocks..... yep ....they will be cocks .
    I used to drink like a fish and run like a dog
    Done a whole lotta shit not permitted by law
    People call me the Picasso of painting the town

I mean people may have all these equations im sure. But look at USC schedule and you'll see that USC has to play UGA and Clempson, two ranked teams compared to one of Clempsons? (FSU being ranked is mighty generous too) They both play A&M and USC goes on the road against Ole Piss, who should have a pretty firey offense. Saying clempson has a stronger schedule is Fake News.
    Don't even consider their in conference foes to the likes of Weak Forest, BC, Syracuse and on and on and on...….and these idiots bring up KY and Mizz

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina Counsel View Post

As a side note, I find it humorous that Cocks love to talk about the good old days- that 5-7 year stretch when the Ole Ball Coach was getting it done. What can you talk about other than that? Nothing. No recent conference championships. No big bowl wins. Obviously no national championships. Just decades of mediocrity and excuses. And that will not change with Muscrap. He is recruiting better (than Spurrier did at the end of his tenure), but he won't change a dang thing because he's not a good coach. He landed in Columbia after he crashed and burned in the Swamp because nobody else would take him.
    I’ve tried to give credit where credit is due this year with Clemson this year but your comments aren’t very smart. You’re comparing the ACC to the SEC is s joke. Playing in front of half empty 50k seat stadiums full of people waiting b-ball season is no comparison to playing in front of 80 90 and 100k seat stadiums that are full every week. There’s a reason the SEC has the big money tv deals and all the power that runs D1 football. Surely you have to see that. Like someone said earlier, all Clemson fans do on this subject of schedule is deflect deflect deflect. They never have facts to base schedules

On Muschamp, yes at Florida he didn’t have much success but they cut him off to quick because Florida fans are spoiled brats. McKlwain took them to the SEC title game in year one with Muschamp’s players and McElwain was a terrible coach. Given time I think Muschamp can build a program. Maybe I’m wrong and it’s those garnet glasses again idk.

I’ve tried to give credit where credit is due this year with Clemson this year but your comments aren’t very smart. You’re comparing the ACC to the SEC is s joke. Playing in front of half empty 50k seat stadiums full of people waiting b-ball season is no comparison to playing in front of 80 90 and 100k seat stadiums that are full every week. There’s a reason the SEC has the big money tv deals and all the power that runs D1 football. Surely you have to see that. Like someone said earlier, all Clemson fans do on this subject of schedule is deflect deflect deflect. They never have facts to base schedules

On Muschamp, yes at Florida he didn’t have much success but they cut him off to quick because Florida fans are spoiled brats. McKlwain took them to the SEC title game in year one with Muschamp’s players and McElwain was a terrible coach. Given time I think Muschamp can build a program. Maybe I’m wrong and it’s those garnet glasses again idk.
    Since the inception of the playoffs, what is the SEC's record against the ACC?
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

#SECenvy

Haven’t a clue- just repeating what I saw. Aren’t Carolina’s cross-conf games pretty tame this year? Ole Miss and A&M (and yes I know CU has them second game)?
    Carolina Counsel