Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Top Three Players In SC

Quote Originally Posted by uga_dawg View Post
    I agree that Debo is exciting. Lets go TBD on #3.

Could also be Herrien, Holyfield, or even James Cook at RB. I'm personally pulling for Holyfield. I'm just not sure who is going to be the clear #2. I'd love to see us use Nauta at TE more this year. Hardman has the chance to have a huge year as well. And Ridley was hot in the last game of the season.
    Dang, I didn't know y'all grabbed Dalvin's little brother too. The rich keep getting richer.

And Nauta could be the best TE in the country if they use him right. He looked like Shockey his freshman year, but I haven't seen him since.

Quote Originally Posted by SCswampCAT View Post

Here’s a pic of Terry Godwin catching a TD in a championship game. Something you probably will never see Debo do unless he does it in the NFL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Indeed. Sadly, there's a greater chance of me finding Bigfoot. Or better yet, the Lizard Man.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Bart View Post
    And Nauta could be the best TE in the country if they use him right. He looked like Shockey his freshman year, but I haven't seen him since.
    Evidently last year he wasnt practicing up to Kirbys standards.

Gotcha. Hope he gets outta his own way, because he's an early Thursday night draft pick if he does. Blazevich was a stud, and he had trouble getting on the field when #18 arrived on campus.
    Last edited by Black Bart; 08-20-2018 at 12:38 PM.

Congrats on the great recruiting Muschamp is doing in SC. In the 3 major rankings services I looked at (ESPN,247, and Rivals), Clemson is ranked about 10 to 12 spots higher and Georgia is ranked about 13 to 15 spots higher. Muschamp is gonna have to coach 'em up and win with less talent if he's gonna beat Georgia or Clemson.

Quote Originally Posted by FBT View Post
    I’d like to have a book containing all of the stupid shit (like you’re first sentence) that you have said over the years.

Get volumes 2009 thru 2013 and I will autograph them for you

Is now the time to place for sale signs in dabos yard?

Quote Originally Posted by Sportin' Woodies View Post
    Is now the time to place for sale signs in dabos yard?
    Soon enough my friend, soon enough
    The old drunken Ball Sack had you cats demanding he be fired,
    Coach Champ is on the way.

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Get volumes 2009 thru 2013 and I will autograph them for you
    I’d much rather have 14-17 and I’d donate them to the university of SC to place in their trophy case. The worthlessness of your signature would be a nice touch as well.

\"Go to Know\"

Quote Originally Posted by Black Bart View Post
    Dang, I didn't know y'all grabbed Dalvin's little brother too. The rich keep getting richer.

Quote Originally Posted by SCswampCAT View Post
    Evidently last year he wasnt practicing up to Kirbys standards.
    He and Eason were close friends and roommates. I can't help but wonder if that didn't affect him. Hopefully we can all move on since Eason is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by UPSTATEWATERFOWLER View Post
    Congrats on the great recruiting Muschamp is doing in SC. In the 3 major rankings services I looked at (ESPN,247, and Rivals), Clemson is ranked about 10 to 12 spots higher and Georgia is ranked about 13 to 15 spots higher. Muschamp is gonna have to coach 'em up and win with less talent if he's gonna beat Georgia or Clemson.
    Carolina will not have a big recruiting class this year because they do not have room. According to Rivals Clemson has 5 more recruits than Carolina but virtually the same average star per recruit with Clemson being 3.48 and Carolina being 3.44. Sometimes the rankings can be deceiving because of the amount of recruits........ just throwing that out there

Quote Originally Posted by PJ1012 View Post
    Carolina will not have a big recruiting class this year because they do not have room. According to Rivals Clemson has 5 more recruits than Carolina but virtually the same average star per recruit with Clemson being 3.48 and Carolina being 3.44. Sometimes the rankings can be deceiving because of the amount of recruits........ just throwing that out there
    You are correct. Most of my fellow Clemson fans have been saying this the last couple of years when Clemson was signing less than 20 kids a year. Stating that SC has the top 3 players may be factual, but, it implies they are cleaning on talent instate. With the exception of the kid from TL Hanna (who Clemson wanted bad and missed on), the state just doesn't have a lot of talent. Clemson only has 1 out of 22 commits from instate for a reason - there's better talent out of state that they can get. I said it the other day - Clemson recruiting nationally is actually helping USC get more instate kids. It's not really a slam on USC, it's just a fact. Your point is correct!

Quote Originally Posted by UPSTATEWATERFOWLER View Post
    You are correct. Most of my fellow Clemson fans have been saying this the last couple of years when Clemson was signing less than 20 kids a year. Stating that SC has the top 3 players may be factual, but, it implies they are cleaning on talent instate. With the exception of the kid from TL Hanna (who Clemson wanted bad and missed on), the state just doesn't have a lot of talent. Clemson only has 1 out of 22 commits from instate for a reason - there's better talent out of state that they can get. I said it the other day - Clemson recruiting nationally is actually helping USC get more instate kids. It's not really a slam on USC, it's just a fact. Your point is correct!
    I agree with what you’re saying. Clemson has become more of a national brand and can recruit nation wide. Now whether it’s a fad for a few years or something they can continue is yet to be seen. I tend to think it’s more a fad because they haven’t done it constantly in years past. Maybe I’m looking through garnet glasses idk. But to the Clemson fans that can’t see that Carolina is beginning to recruit on a higher standard again like they did 6 or 7 years ago is looking through orange glasses. Carolina is getting much better. The dumpster fire the upstaters speak of has been put out. All that being said I still don’t see them having enough to compete this year with you. But I do with UGA for some reason. Carolina always has with them. There again it could be my garnet glasses again

Quote Originally Posted by PJ1012 View Post
    I agree with what you’re saying. Clemson has become more of a national brand and can recruit nation wide. Now whether it’s a fad for a few years or something they can continue is yet to be seen. I tend to think it’s more a fad because they haven’t done it constantly in years past. Maybe I’m looking through garnet glasses idk. But to the Clemson fans that can’t see that Carolina is beginning to recruit on a higher standard again like they did 6 or 7 years ago is looking through orange glasses. Carolina is getting much better. The dumpster fire the upstaters speak of has been put out. All that being said I still don’t see them having enough to compete this year with you. But I do with UGA for some reason. Carolina always has with them. There again it could be my garnet glasses again
    SC is recruiting better. They are gaining ground on KY and staying on par with Mizzou/Tenn/FL. That doesn’t mean they are closing the gap on Clemson or UGA.
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

Quote Originally Posted by trkykilr View Post
    That doesn’t mean they are closing the gap on Clemson or UGA.
    Closing that gap will take 14 years of grit and determination. LOL
    Last edited by MKW; 08-20-2018 at 10:20 PM.
    Crops are harvested, animals are killed.

Quote Originally Posted by MKW View Post
    Closing that gap will take 14 years or grit and determination. LOL

Did it take Spurrier 14 years?

I remember that same attitude pre=Spurrier.

Quote Originally Posted by Catdaddy View Post
    Did it take Spurrier 14 years?

I remember that same attitude pre=Spurrier.
    Clemson was not a top 3 program when Spurrier arrived.
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

Clemson was not a top 3 program when Spurrier arrived.
    And what does that have to do with 14 years?

Without googling every year, I just went back 12 years(2006) and neither Clemson or Alabama were in the AP top 25 all year.
    Last edited by Catdaddy; 08-20-2018 at 08:24 PM.

SC is recruiting better. They are gaining ground on KY and staying on par with Mizzou/Tenn/FL. That doesn’t mean they are closing the gap on Clemson or UGA.
    I didn’t expect anything less from you Boozer haha although I’ll say Carolina is the 2nd best team in the division and end the bluegrass curse

Quote Originally Posted by MKW View Post
    Closing that gap will take 14 years or grit and determination. LOL
    I see what you did there lol
    Last edited by PJ1012; 08-20-2018 at 08:38 PM.