Thread: Go Devil Electric Starter Replacement

Default Go Devil Electric Starter Replacement

I've got a 6.5hp Briggs Vanguard on a go devil frame. I need a replacement starter for it. The oem is kind of expensive. I was hoping to get an aftermarket starter for it. Wheres a good place to get one? Also, I can't seem to find any part numbers on the starter???
    "Hunt today to kill tomorrow." - Ron Jolly

think i might have answered my own question with an OEM one on eBay for a lot less
    Last edited by tman; 08-18-2018 at 11:01 PM.

I just pulled my starter off my 25 Kohler yesterday. I found a replacement for $55.00 online. I'm still taking my old one to be cleaned and rebuilt locally so I'll have a spare.

Running in saltwater and a near miss with a hurricane last season put a lot of trash in my motor, especially the starter, and it corroded badly on the inside.
    Listen to your elders. Not because they are always right but because they have more experiences of being wrong.

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give" Sir Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by cajunwannabe View Post
    I just pulled my starter off my 25 Kohler yesterday. I found a replacement for $55.00 online. I'm still taking my old one to be cleaned and rebuilt locally so I'll have a spare.

Running in saltwater and a near miss with a hurricane last season put a lot of trash in my motor, especially the starter, and it corroded badly on the inside.
    How much does it usually cost to get one rebuilt? Wouldn't mind getting a new one and having a rebuilt one as a spare.

I use an auto electric rebuild fella here near Columbia. I'm going to call him tomorrow and will let you know.
    Listen to your elders. Not because they are always right but because they have more experiences of being wrong.

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give" Sir Winston Churchill

I replaced two on kawasaki from an auto electric shop in Inman $23 each.