Thread: Light question

Default Light question

On my enclosed trailer there is a light inside, it is run off the wire that also powers the running lights of the trailer. Is there enough power to run a led light bar off this same wire or I run an independent wire or carry a battery/generator just to power the light?
    I don't belive in miracles, I rely on them.

Should be enough to run a small one for sure. No different than powering the lights on a trailer and LED don’t pull as much power

LED bars do not consume a lot of battery power, so there should be enough power to run the LED bar.

BigBallin is offline prognosticator of prognosticators

My first question is do you have to have the tow vehicles lights on to use the current light? If its a standard 4 prong trailer light connection I think i would likely run an independent power supply and wire/switch. When it comes to trailer lights, vehicle fuses, and lights I can leave on and walk away from, I usually opt for a power source that doesn't leave me with a dead battery in the truck because I went chasing butterflies and forgot a light on.
    You can grow up to be just like me....

A lot depends on the bar you use. The more LEDs, the more current it will pull. Too much current pull and you'll be replacing fuses till the cows come home.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Or you could simply replace the fuse with a higher rated fuse and rock on.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft