Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rage Shooters

Quote Originally Posted by Coastal Woodie View Post
    Yeah it doesn't seem as unreasonable if you reuse them for a few years or hunt larger animals. I'm going to start off with the Magnus black hornet ser razors this year. It's hard to beat $33 for a pack of 3 with a lifetime warranty on the Magnus heads.
    To be honest I have it down to three and am not sure which way to go:

1. Iron will V100
    2. Steel forge saber tooth
    3. Magnus black hornet ser razor

Torn between trying any of them. Don’t think you can go wrong with any of them. I want to try a more traditional two blade with bleeders like any of these. Why I don’t know.

So the plywood left a blood trail? I have cut up more plywood than 99% of folks on scducks. I ain't seen a sheet bleed yet.
    "Think A Guy Like Me Worries About Percentages?" Tin Cup

"Some get spiritual cause they see the light, and some cause they feel the heat" Ray Wylie Hubbard

"P.S. I love turkeys. Mostly just hate those who hunt em." Glenn

Quote Originally Posted by JBK View Post
    So the plywood left a blood trail? I have cut up more plywood than 99% of folks on scducks. I ain't seen a sheet bleed yet.
    No. That's why it's a POS for plywood hunting.

Quote Originally Posted by Bownut View Post
    No. That's why it's a POS for plywood hunting.
    If folks start hunting plywood I better invest in some serious locks.

"Some get spiritual cause they see the light, and some cause they feel the heat" Ray Wylie Hubbard

I got some 8/4 rift sawn oak here that will make all those BHs look like scrap metal.

Quote Originally Posted by banded_mallard View Post
    To be honest I have it down to three and am not sure which way to go:

1. Iron will V100
    2. Steel forge saber tooth
    3. Magnus black hornet ser razor

Torn between trying any of them. Don’t think you can go wrong with any of them. I want to try a more traditional two blade with bleeders like any of these. Why I don’t know.
    I picked up a couple packs of the regular black hornets and the ser razor to see how I like this style of head. They didnt take much time to tune out to 90 yards and hold an edge better than slick tricks and about the same as the qad exodus. I don't have anything bad to say about them but haven't had a chance to shoot an animal with them yet. Hopefully I'll get to test one out tomorrow.

Killed a few with the swackers. All good pass throughs. But because of a bum shoulder, I am turning my bow back down to 55 pounds. Going back to the old Muzzy 100 grain 3 blades. They have not failed me in 30+ years.
    E T

Quote Originally Posted by Catdaddy View Post
    Just a matter of time with that pos broadhead.
    So its a Pos broadhead because it wouldnt kill a piece of plywood or because you shot them for a year and made a bad shot on a deer/animal and lost it and decided to blame it on the broadhead?

And let me be clear that im no Rage homer. Have I killed deer with a Rage? Yep, but only 3, and all were ridiculously gorey. Two were double lung the other i caught the backside lung( quartering away). But that goes back to placement, which, if you put any broadhead on the market in the right place its gonna kill a deer 100% of the time. The last deer i killed with a bow was with a standard muzzy 3 blade 100 gr.

I haven't encountered a problem that the solution to was "shoot mechanicals".

Any issue I've ever had with arrow flight was a me problem or a tuning problem which again is a me problem.

Quote Originally Posted by SCswampCAT View Post
    So its a Pos broadhead because it wouldnt kill a piece of plywood or because you shot them for a year and made a bad shot on a deer/animal and lost it and decided to blame it on the broadhead?

I shot one Rage prior to 2009. It was the old style and the penetration sucked with a 60 lb bow. The shot looked perfect so I must have hit a rib going in. That was enough experimenting for me. The newer(hypodermic) is a much better design but the size of the entry hole isn't important,..............the exit hole is.

I shoot slick tricks. Everybody has their preference. Hell, they are even some folks on here that shoot Tiger Sharks :>)
    Last edited by Catdaddy; 08-14-2018 at 02:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Catdaddy View Post
    I shot one Rage prior to 2009. It was the old style and the penetration sucked with a 60 lb bow. The shot looked perfect so I must have hit a rib going in. That was enough experimenting for me. The newer(hypodermic) is a much better design but the size of the entry hole isn't important,..............the exit hole is.

I shoot slick tricks. Everybody has their preference. Hell, they are even some folks on here that shoot Tiger Sharks :>)

Do the new Slick tricks suck like everyone says?

Quote Originally Posted by led0321 View Post
    I don't know,..,.I still have plenty.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Quality went down when they were bought out a few years ago. I believe they've improved recently but I can't say for sure. I bought a pack of standards last year and they spun true, didn't rattle, flew with fp and were sharp. Killed two deer with zero issues. Made two holes both times and were stuck in the dirt with no damage to the head. As a disclaimer, my bow is tuned and I don't take poor shots which can easily be the reason for a few of the accolades above.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

I bought 125 mags at Cabelas in Greenville last season and they are the same as any I've ever bought, sharp blades, tight ferrules and spun true.
    Worship the LORD, not HIS creation.

"No self respecting turkey hunter would pay $5 for a call that makes a good sound when he can buy a custom call for $80 and get the same sound."-NWiles

Ordered some Magnus black hornet ser this morning. I really wanted the iron wills and still may get them later but just could not get the gut to pony up.

Ordered some Magnus black hornet ser this morning. I really wanted the iron wills and still may get them later but just could not get the gut to pony up.
    This sticks out for some reason.

What the hell is another $100 for broadheads I mean really. Those are average prices too, not top of the line.

I did not realize the Magnus have a lifetime warranty as well. I also have a 6 arrow quiver. If you want to know the truth. The iron wills are back ordered. The website says sept 1. However when I called they told me the it would be late September. That does me no good. I will get some for later on in the year but I’m not waiting till after the season start to get broadheads. So yes spending $100 on broadheads that won’t be here for the season opener does seem kinda counter intuitive. Had they had them I would have bought them no issue. They were my first call.
    Last edited by banded_mallard; 08-15-2018 at 10:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by led0321 View Post
    I’ve bought two packs this year and they’re much better than those from 2-3yrs ago. The bas ones were packaged on cardboard in a flat manner. The cardboard was black. Stay away from those. To avoid any racist claims, I don’t think it was due to the black packaging. I’m sure accusations will still fly though.
    The new ones are in a box-style package and straight out of the box, they seem to be as sharp as the old ones and spin test well also. FWIW, these new box style packages have some black on them as well.

What would be an acceptable amount of blackness you racist asshole?