Thread: Budget Friendly Recurves?

Default Budget Friendly Recurves?

You know, the ones in between the Samick Sage and Black Widow.

What are you shooting? Where should I start? I'm not ready to drop 1k on a recurve just yet, but would like a little better quality than the $100 jobs.

Thanks
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

bought an old bear kodiak hunter on craiglist that I enjoy, haven't hunted with it yet, maybe someday

Budget? How tall are you?
    "hunting should be a challenge and a passion not a way of making a living or a road to fame"

Rubberhead

Default Budget Friendly Recurves?

Quote Originally Posted by Stripa Swipa View Post
    Budget? How tall are you?
    6’’foot1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by MolliesMaster; 03-01-2019 at 06:02 PM.
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

I'm selling a pretty nice one but your draw might be a little long. I'm 5'9 and draw about 27"
    "hunting should be a challenge and a passion not a way of making a living or a road to fame"

Rubberhead

Bear Grizzly

The Grizzly is a good bow. I bought one about 20 years ago and killed several deer with it. Its a modest performer and stacks if you draw much past 28”. The Jeffrey’s are really good mid priced bows. I upgraded to a Royal Hunter takedown after my Grizzly and shot it for a long time till. I’m presently shooting an ILF style bow. I like the ability to swap limbs, grips, and tune it to my shooting style. Lots of good options available at all price levels. The Trad Tech line that Lancaster Archery sells is good stuff.

I saw this RedWing Hunter for sale. They’re great bows that will outclass most other similar factory bows and a lot of customs. I’ve got one I don’t shoot near as much as I should. They tend to run a little heavier than marked. Mine is 45# @ 28” but draws closer to 50# and will sling the shit out of an arrow.

http://leatherwall.bowsite.com/tf/lw....CFM?id=152444

A buddy of mine just loaned out a bear kodiak for me to play with, with the option to buy if I choose. 58" 50lbs. Got some arrows and started flinging them today. Should be able to hit something come September.

That will kill anything that walks. You might have some stacking on a bow that length given your height.

Rubberhead

I'm not an expert but the draw felt fine all the way to the back. I was worried about that too with the shorter bow, but it seems to be doing alright.

I'm selling a pretty nice one but your draw might be a little long. I'm 5'9 and draw about 27"
    Cuanto cuesta, Pedro?
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”
    -Samuel Adams

I don't speak Spanish, Senorita and the answer to your question would probably be breaking some rules round here. PM me some English.

Rubberhead

I don't speak Spanish, Senorita and the answer to your question would probably be breaking some rules round here. PM me some English.
    Yeah. You walkin' a thin line as it is.

Ban hammer

ban hammer
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.