Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rage Shooters

Default Rage Shooters

And mechanical shooters......Watch this test

https://www.facebook.com/14780406689...5189262937557/

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Catdaddy; 08-14-2018 at 07:53 AM.

You’re like 0/3 in the last 24 hours on fb links that actually work.

Mash a different button.

My test results with Rages are a pile of dead deer. I have lost one deer with them. That was on me. I got high and forward with a shot.

I shoot a heavier arrow. 480 grains'ish. I think that a mechanical head works way better with more weight.
    "Think A Guy Like Me Worries About Percentages?" Tin Cup

"Some get spiritual cause they see the light, and some cause they feel the heat" Ray Wylie Hubbard

"P.S. I love turkeys. Mostly just hate those who hunt em." Glenn

Still can’t view the link.

It's probably posted in a group that you have to join to see it......
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Last edited by Catdaddy; 08-14-2018 at 07:54 AM.

It looks like the Rage is the only one that opened up immediately upon impact. I am not a science/physics guy, but I would think that would account for the lack of penetration on plywood, but might not be an issue on deer. Doesn't matter to me- I haven't shot a mechanical in 18 years (shot Rockets when I first started and they performed great).
    Carolina Counsel

Sounds like a guy with an agenda.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

That boys follow through is sick. He snatches that trigger like a boss.
    "Think A Guy Like Me Worries About Percentages?" Tin Cup

"Some get spiritual cause they see the light, and some cause they feel the heat" Ray Wylie Hubbard

"P.S. I love turkeys. Mostly just hate those who hunt em." Glenn

I think the point is,..............an exit hole is better than just an entrance hole. That's where most of the blood will come from. The rest of the mechanicals did well.

every deer I've shot with a rage looked like an axe murderer got a hold of them. The one deer I lost was my fault for taking a quartering to shot, that deer still ran off with half its guts hanging out.
    "I swear if I found you in a marsh I don't know that I could keep myself from mud stomping you" -Griffin

This is precisely why I will have my arrows tipped with iron will broadheads.
    Last edited by banded_mallard; 08-14-2018 at 09:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by banded_mallard View Post
    This is precisely why I will have my arrows tipped with iron will broadheads.
    I eventually want to try the ironwills, I just haven't talked myself into paying $100 for 3 broadheads. For now I will settle for the Magnus black Hornets.

Mechs weren't around when I made some gut shots using a bow. Had they been, I'd probably be using them now. Rifle hunting a pile of years also helped contribute to some shoulder crowding shots I've done in the heat of the moment. Am sure rages work when placed in the right area. Not much experience with them myself, have only attempted two shots at deer with them and they were the original style. The first was a doe at 32 yards. The head buzzed on it's way to her and she ducked the arrow. Not sure if it was the blades fault but it sure did make some racket on it's way to her, was audible on video. Second attempt was on a young buck at 12 yards on a high angle shot. Appeared to be a spine shot but proved to have centered a rib about 4-5" off spine. Got maybe 1.5" penetration into body cavity and had to make a quick follow up shot as he spun on the ground. That ain't much data, nor perfect shot placement but it was enough for me to stick with fixed broadheads.
    Worship the LORD, not HIS creation.

"No self respecting turkey hunter would pay $5 for a call that makes a good sound when he can buy a custom call for $80 and get the same sound."-NWiles

Its a damn good thing we don’t hunt 3/4” plywood. That plywood causes WAAAY more friction on the shaft than any animal in the world!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Coastal Woodie View Post
    I eventually want to try the ironwills, I just haven't talked myself into paying $100 for 3 broadheads. For now I will settle for the Magnus black Hornets.
    Yeah for $100 for 3 they better be DRT or within 20 yards. Fuck that.

Quote Originally Posted by Coastal Woodie View Post
    I may not spend that but they come with a lifetime gaurentee no questions asked. I am going to a Broadhead like this. It may be Magnus or steelforce just to name a few.

I typically get a couple years out of a head so it’s really not that bad when you think about it. Hell $1000 bow, $250 sight, $150 rest, $130 for a dozen arrows, and a top notch release at $100. What the hell is another $100 for broadheads I mean really. Those are average prices too, not top of the line.
    Last edited by banded_mallard; 08-14-2018 at 10:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SCWOODROW View Post
    Its a damn good thing we don’t hunt 3/4” plywood. That plywood causes WAAAY more friction on the shaft than any animal in the world!!!

The rest did very well, with the Swacker doing the best.

There are a lot of animals with very tough hides in the world. Deer are soft skinned, but hitting a rib is like hitting that plywood.

Just a matter of time with that pos broadhead.

Quote Originally Posted by banded_mallard View Post
    I may not spend that but they come with a lifetime gaurentee no questions asked. I am going to a Broadhead like this. It may be Magnus or steelforce just to name a few.

I typically get a couple years out of a head so it’s really not that bad when you think about it. Hell $1000 bow, $250 sight, $150 rest, $130 for a dozen arrows, and a top notch release at $100. What the hell is another $100 for broadheads I mean really. Those are average prices too, not top of the line.
    Yeah it doesn't seem as unreasonable if you reuse them for a few years or hunt larger animals. I'm going to start off with the Magnus black hornet ser razors this year. It's hard to beat $33 for a pack of 3 with a lifetime warranty on the Magnus heads.