Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How big?

You just have the jeager gate? Or you're using the remote trip and camera system?

The gate with cattle panels to make the pen. Their camera on the gate to text to shut the gate and a covert camera outside to be sure they all are in before we shut the gate
    "And ignoring people on here....that's like being home schooled. Just say you're not ready to face life." Highstrung

Thanks

sw--i was quoted around $3000 to get started with the jager pro....
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by pee dee View Post
    If you want to hurt the hogs shooting them like that isn't the answer...the trap isn't as much fun but a lot more effective
    The jager pro works!

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    sw--i was quoted around $3000 to get started with the jager pro....
    In the right area they can be effective. And, if you look at it, $3000 is cheaper and more effective than a really good night hunting rifle rig. I.e. .308 AR-10, suppressor, infrared or night vision scope etc. The rifle should be a tool after the Jager system for cleanup to kill smart boars/sows.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Hosscat; 08-13-2018 at 01:13 PM.

Griffin should be along sometime. In his experience the Jager system isn't as effective for his given application. He can correct me if I'm wrong.

If you want to hurt the hogs shooting them like that isn't the answer...the trap isn't as much fun but a lot more effective
    I like your style.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by Hosscat View Post
    In the right area they can be effective. And, if you look at it, $3000 is cheaper and more effective than a really good night hunting rifle rig. I.e. .308 AR-10, suppressor, infrared or night vision scope etc. The rifle should be a tool after the Jager system for cleanup to kill smart boars/sows.

Finally somebody gets it
    "And ignoring people on here....that's like being home schooled. Just say you're not ready to face life." Highstrung

Quote Originally Posted by Hosscat View Post

So now we are up to $6,000 plus. I agree no one method will eliminate the problem.

These fellows use multiple methods.
    Last edited by Catdaddy; 08-13-2018 at 02:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Catdaddy View Post
    So now we are up to $6,000 plus. I agree no one method will eliminate the problem.

These fellows use multiple methods.
    I was more or less saying that $3000 gets you a chance at killing multiple generations in one catch vs half a dozen in one night of hunting. If you can afford a $3000 gun, you can afford a $3000 catch system or vice versa. If you're protecting your crop/livelihood, you can't afford not to. At that point, economically speaking, it's cost over price.

Last edited by Hosscat; 08-13-2018 at 03:16 PM.

At any rate, kill em all.

It's 100% dependent on your terrain. Jager systems don't work for us. 75% or more of the property is open fields. Takes way too much time to move traps. We kill way more night hunting. If the tables are turned and it's mostly wooded jagers are a good system
    Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.

90% of our sets are in fields...good point on the work...people don't get rid of hogs for free Bc it's too much dang work

I haven't killed a hog since May 22nd and I'm getting itchy.
    Quote Originally Posted by walt4dun View Post
    Monsters... Be damned if I'd ever be taken alive by the likes of faggot musslims.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I am an equal opportunity hater.

90% of our sets are in fields...good point on the work...people don't get rid of hogs for free Bc it's too much dang work
    How big are the fields and how man pigs are you catching a week?
    Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    How big are the fields and how man pigs are you catching a week?
    25-100 acres I don't mess with them much anymore...killed maybe 30 goofing off with the thermals this year...most we trapped was 292 when we had a hog problem a few years back.

Quote Originally Posted by Catdaddy View Post
    This was 3 weeks ago

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
    Would he like to kill some in Barnwell county?