Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Youth Day

Yeah it's raining here too...for the second time this evening. FWIW you ain't the only one trying to work on projects outside.
    Worship the LORD, not HIS creation.

"No self respecting turkey hunter would pay $5 for a call that makes a good sound when he can buy a custom call for $80 and get the same sound."-NWiles

Quote Originally Posted by Sportin' Woodies View Post
    Why would we want a bunch of new people deer hunting anyway?
    Are you serious clark?

"No self respecting turkey hunter would pay $5 for a call that makes a good sound when he can buy a custom call for $80 and get the same sound."-NWiles

Dead serious. That's like wishing there were more dudes in a bar.

You changed your name to Clark?
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Fuck no. That's bogster

Bright sunny and hot is what you want. Between now and Sept 1st is the 2nd best time to get a big deer. After that they will be mostly nocturnal until the rut.

It won't be nearly as bad as you think. Afternoon will be the best.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Catdaddy; 08-10-2018 at 01:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    wonderfully ambiguous, ain't it

and i suck at making my point. i think my point is that an aug 11 youth day is nothing more than something to feel good about when it (IMO) has little to no positive impact on young hunters that dont normally get a chance to hunt.

yes, I am a skeptic.
    I'm gonna go down the immigration center and grab me a little Mexican kid and take his ass hunting.
    I might even let him right up front with me in the cab of the truck.

Youth day is a good thing, it shows the kids that the government cares about them.
    Genesis 9;2

My boy and I hunted morning and afternoo. Saw nothing in the morning and had 2 bucks in the field in the afternoon. Needless to say he missed. He sweated his butt off but still had a blast and begged me to take him Wednesday.
    "I'm just a victim of a circumstance"

^ Good on him for keeping the positive attitude , being raised well will do that. Good on ya!
    Genesis 9;2

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    yep. giving dads a specific day to take a kid is not gonna make a douchenozzle become father of the year.

granted, the duck youth days in february were fun as hell...especially when my kids got older and I didnt care that I wasnt always the one shooting. granted, they missed a couple and I was grabbing the gun on the next draw. and, no, you cant prove it in court.
    You better watch out. Rhett's got God's ear now.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

no disadvantaged youths took part in hunting my place saturday. I tried and tried to get someone's kid to come but no one wanted to.

I'm not against youth's hunting. I'm not a mean old man. However, I dont think a youth day in early(er) august will help that much with getting youngsters introduced to hunting. that's all i'm saying....
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

You mean in as in that last post or as in your final thought on the matter. The image of a crawdad keeps coming to mind but I can't tell if it's coming or going. Lordy but it looks like the resource sure took a pounding Saturday.