Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Airline Gun Case

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Airline Gun Case

What are you using? I usually drive to my hunting destinations, if I fly someone is usually driving truck/trailer with my gun in it. I have not put a gun on a plane in a long time, with that being said it seems my old case is not up to par for american airlines anymore. i have a pelican im3200 that seems to be a couple inches out of the recommended dimensions. Not worth risking paying an oversize fees for a couple inches? Thoughts, recommendations, advice appreciated.....

Lakewood
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

I've used a pelican 1750 a bunch of times without issue
    Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.

Just make sure it cant be opened and the gun accessible, even with the locks in place. I have screened a lot of guns in the cases that had locks on them only to open 1 of the buckles and slide the gun out without opening the locks.
    every expert was once a beginner

Americase! I travel with my guns almost every month and only trust Americase. I have 3 of them in various configurations. Never had a problem.

I run with SKB cases. They have TSA approved locks. I have one for my bow and then I have a case that I can put 4 guns in or two guns and a bow. Both of them have traveled to Canada without any issues. These are the only cases I will use for travel.

What Gander said! Americase.

No complaints with 100$ cabelas single gun. Finding the right size locks wasnt easy. Mini cable combo locks is what i used.

We use golf club carriers. Come with locks and can stuff your jackets and shit in there too.

Quote Originally Posted by swampknob View Post
    We use golf club carriers. Come with locks and can stuff your jackets and shit in there too.
    Actually they are Tuffpac's. They are more substantial than golf club cases. . I have yet to have an issue in multiple trips. Plus, they do not look like gun cases. https://nalpak.com/TuffpakSport

Tip - buy the stuff sack they sell. It makes loading and unloading easier and if TSA wants in to inspect, it is much easier to repack with the sack. https://nalpak.com/tuffpak-tuff-sack-sand/.

Like Russell snake boots, buy the good stuff. You only have to buy it once. I tried a golf club hard case on one trip. It was so banged up by the airlines, it was not in good enough shape to use the next trip.
    The only good thing about my imperfections is the joy they bring my friends.

Beware the man with one gun...he probably has other faults also.

We use an SKB on wheels with the small master locks. It can carry 4 shotguns and we’ve never had any issues. I don’t fly with them as often as Gander, and my guns aren’t as valuable. We fly about 5 times a year with them.
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

Sam’s Club has recently started carrying rotomolded cases.I think they are $70 which is a pretty good deal

Been using the same Pelican for about 15 years with no issues. Holds 2 shotguns without disassembling them
    80-20 Genaration

I use the Cabelas case. No issues and doesn’t cost an arm and a leg.

Agree with griffin. Pelican is damn near indestructable. out 6 people i traveled with, the pelican was the only one that made the trip and back. I watched how airlines treated those gun cases, and it is not pretty

Thanks for the response. Have an American airline booked and the measurements say no more than 62 inches. Just didn’t want to get an oversized charge.

They get the shit beat out of them. Pelican is good. I had one from cabelas and on the return flight I had to carry pieces out after it was taped all to hell
    Quote Originally Posted by BOG View Post
    Tip:
    Although it is natural for you and seems to be out of your hands, try to suppress your natural inclination towards dumbassedness and do some research of your own.I wish you luck.
    Tekton Game Calls
    http://tektongamecalls.com

Skb is good as well. Flew four shotguns out to south Dakota several years ago with no issue
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

Another vote for the SKB four gun cases. They'll fit four scoped rifles no problem with a little room to spare. I've flown them on multiple trips to TX and back with no issues so far.

pelican. last one you'll ever have to buy.