Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: "High Profile"

Senior safety Steven Montac said Southern Cal transfer Jamel Cook, who stands at 6-foot-4, 186 pounds, has been working at corner in his first camp with USC. The Miami product has also impressed his new teammates early.

“That’s my dog,” Montac said. “He’s going to be good too. When it’s his time to play on the field, he’s going to be very, very good. I like Jamel a lot. He’s trying to learn a lot. Just always talking to me, wanting to watch film.”

Cook was a top-100 prospect out of high school who went across the country to play for the Trojans. An injury cost him his first season, and he played sparingly last fall before deciding to transfer.

If he goes it at corner, it means the Gamecocks will have three up-and-coming options with him, Mukuamu and four-star freshman Jaycee Horn. South Carolina appears to be set to start a trio of seniors this fall.

Montac said the position Cook is playing isn’t the only surprise with him.

“He’s physical,” Montac said. “He looks skinny and all, but he’s physical. He’s going to come up and hit you. And he’s tall too, so you’re not completing a lot of deep balls right over his head.”

Cook and Gamecocks senior starter Rashad Fenton go back to facing each other in high school in Miami. The third-year starter was asked about the idea of USC putting two 6-foot-4 players at the corner spots.

“I have never seen nothing like that,” Fenton said.
    Last edited by ecu1984; 08-10-2018 at 04:15 PM.

Here’s the plan to catch Clemson and UGA:

Well, First we will get a big old fat Dude that was homesick and couldn’t break the lineup at Clemson. He didn’t like coaching or practice at Clemson, but I’m sure he will love it here. Then, we will really show em by getting a reject from Southern Cal (who can’t stay on the field with Clemson or UGA). We will then get our safety who has been on the field for 90 Clemson points to talk about how tall he is. We got em right where we want em.

I love the strategy
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

Quote Originally Posted by trkykilr View Post
    Here’s the plan to catch Clemson and UGA:

Well, First we will get a big old fat Dude that was homesick and couldn’t break the lineup at Clemson. He didn’t like coaching or practice at Clemson, but I’m sure he will love it here. Then, we will really show em by getting a reject from Southern Cal (who can’t stay on the field with Clemson or UGA). We will then get our safety who has been on the field for 90 Clemson points to talk about how tall he is. We got em right where we want em.

I love the strategy
    Syracuse and Pitt went with it