Thread: Barrel cooling fan

Default Barrel cooling fan

There was a thread a few week back about a gizmo that blows air through a gun barrel to cool it down between groups. Looking around on the internets, I find two competing brands; BarrelCool and Chamber Chiller . One is yellow and looks like it has a too thin exhaust tube and runs on three expensive CR123 batteries. The other one is black, runs on 4 each AAA batteries, has a fatter exhaust port but looks sort of prototype because it has exposed wires running to the battery pack. Are either of these models worth a damn or should I wait for the Chinese to make a better, cheaper one (joke)? Are either worth the price?

The concept sounds like a good idea and it would be useful to me if it works but I don't need another cheapo, plastic battery eater that makes me say cuss words. Anybody had a chance to compare the two? Is there another brand to look at?

Long term, I'm thinking about running piping for compressed air to my shooting bench.

I have the barrel cool and It works fine. Not sure about the other

"Hunt today to kill tomorrow." - Ron Jolly

Fart fan

I have a barrel cooler.

It works but it isn’t extremely fast.

I have a reversed vacuum fan for my tactical cranial restraint apparatus protector (CRAP) ((bicycle helmet)). I plumbed an airhose in front of my subdominant eye and added a Freon filled y pipe with a micro compressor to blow air on the muzle and my "bottom metal". Cold bullets make a cool barrel and the Freon actually makes you high as fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggie1976 View Post
    Fart fan
    80195613-EDEF-4003-ADFD-2A683B0F27B0.jpeg