Thread: Cellular game cameras

Default Cellular game cameras

Need one or two, who has the best? I have some cameras that have been disappearing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    I'll shoot over a kids head in a blind or long gun one on a turkey in a heart beat. You want to kill stuff around me you gonna earn it.

Unless you just want cellular. Look in to the cuddelink cameras. They daisy chain together so if someone steals your camera the picture is sent to the home camera. Just a thought. I just got 4 and so far have been very pleased.

With that said, if you want a true cellular camera. Spartan go camera is the best cellular camera out there I believe. I know several people running them that love them. I for one have a hard time spending $400 on one camera when I live ten minutes away from my property, maybe one day.
    Last edited by banded_mallard; 08-06-2018 at 08:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by banded_mallard View Post
    Unless you just want cellular. Look in to the cuddelink cameras. They daisy chain together so if someone steals your camera the picture is sent to the home camera. Just a thought. I just got 4 and so far have been very pleased.

With that said, if you want a true cellular camera. Spartan go camera is the best cellular camera out there I believe. I know several people running them that love them. I for one have a hard time spending $400 on one camera when I live ten minutes away from my property, maybe one day.
    Thanks, at this point the money isn't the issue, i don't care if they steal the cellular camera, as long as it gets the picture of them and i can get even.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    I'll shoot over a kids head in a blind or long gun one on a turkey in a heart beat. You want to kill stuff around me you gonna earn it.

I'm wanting to try the new one from Primos. Looking for more reviews first

Last edited by YoungBuckTX; 08-06-2018 at 09:14 AM.

Buy Arlo cameras. I have 8 of them running and they are pretty good. I tried the cover blackops and they suck.

Arlo

Cuddeback Cuddelink will be shipping the cellular version this month so you can get pictures from all your trail cameras with cell service on one camera. I'm waiting on mine to come in.

I have a couple Spartain cameras. They work extremely well
    Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.

I’m sure others are good too, but the bushnell cellular trophy cam I got two years ago has been great. Easy to set up, don’t have to go into a carrier and sign up...just do that monthly via computer, and it’s pretty much plug and play. May be better options now, but mine has been great...and can track it with the bushnell trophy cam app if someone steals it.
    “I can’t wait ‘till I’m grown” is the stupidest @!#* I ever said!

I have a Spypoint. Works ok, but image quality is no bueno. They say when you pull the card that image quality is good on the card—not true. I see/Hear good things about Boly.
    Hunting outside the box

I am glad you started this discussion as I am in the market as well.

Quote Originally Posted by teal74 View Post
    Buy Arlo cameras. I have 8 of them running and they are pretty good. I tried the cover blackops and they suck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tha Dick View Post
    Arlo
    I have been considering the Arlo GO. How is the Arlo battery life? Are you keeping extra batteries charged and changing them out? Do you have to have a mobile plan for each camera? How do you access the pics/video/etc.

*Not trying to dick up buckpro's thread and will start a different thread if necessary.

You can control all the settings from your phone. Battery life depends on how much motion it records. I would recommend a spare battery. They add the camera to your cell phone plan, depends on how much data you want to store is how much it costs. It saves the video to the cloud and you can view and delete from your phone.

I have arlo and an arlo solar panel hooked to it, never have to touch it

Quote Originally Posted by drewb View Post
    I have arlo and an arlo solar panel hooked to it, never have to touch it

Got my curiosity up on the Arlo

How does it transmit ??

I bought the Moultrie cell box for 150.00 at academy and added a 80.00 Moultrie trail cam to it.
    Download the app, pay 10.00 a month and the cell box will send you real time pics to your phone from which ever camera it’s hooked too. I’m not brand loyal, Moultrie was all that the local stores had at the time.
    I will say it was SUPER easy to instal and set up and the pic delay to my phone is about a minute. I’ve had a month and battery life is still great on both as well.

I’ve been using the spartan cams for a while mainly to catch trespassers and poachers. The image is usually to me less than 30 seconds after it captures them and the quality has been good enough to catch several people. I connected them with the jager pro backup battery and changed out batteries every 6 months. I tried the moultrie’s first and within a year all were off line with no one being able to help me figure out why.
    For the ducks

Just like spartan, it has to have a verizon plan ($20 a month). But is works great and is east to set up. You also can view live at any time