Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Family week at IOP

Quote Originally Posted by TheVisorGuy View Post
    I was waiting to see a pic of an ez go on its lid

Funny, however did have a beer in my hand when I loaded it at home and yep Wife was video for the JUST IN CASE shit that she thought might happen

Default Family week at IOP

Quote Originally Posted by raybird View Post
    If y'all are so worried about fish health quit fucking fishing.
    I have suggested this to guides and ppl that fish all the time and it is not warmly welcomed

I don’t fish as much as I used to and cant tell you the last time I kept a redfish but I do tend to believe the increased numbers of ppl fishing are affecting the population, especially those targeting breeding fish. I know it is much more complex than any single reason but it definitely doesn’t help. When I do fish for big redfish I try to at least keep the depth I am fishing less than 15’ to try to do them a little favor. At the end of the day I am all for fishing of all types, responsibly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Islandguy85; 08-04-2018 at 05:48 PM.

Y’all quit dicking up the man’s thread. He wanted to share his family’s vacation and fish, I didn’t see him asking for recommendations on how to handle his catch. Hell, I expected some chatter about his daughter in-law but instead we’ve got a bunch of opinions on handling fish. I swear this place is full of experts on everything.
    \"If they don\'t hatch, they don\'t fly south\"

Quote Originally Posted by DuvnDux View Post
    Y’all quit dicking up the man’s thread. He wanted to share his family’s vacation and fish, I didn’t see him asking for recommendations on how to handle his catch. Hell, I expected some chatter about his daughter in-law but instead we’ve got a bunch of opinions on handling fish. I swear this place is full of experts on everything.
    Thanks Man WELL SAID

He did share his pictures and got feedback conversation, in which he participated. Too bad it didn't live up to your expectations.

This place is indeed full of experts on damn near every subject possible. That's what keeps me coming back. I can find answers to the most obscure questions and find someone who is an expert on almost any subject I propose. If you can't tolerate the peer review, refrain from posting. Are you new at this?

Truth
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

A big ole eye roll from this side of the key board.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Bug View Post
    He did share his pictures and got feedback conversation, in which he participated. Too bad it didn't live up to your expectations.

This place is indeed full of experts on damn near every subject possible. That's what keeps me coming back. I can find answers to the most obscure questions and find someone who is an expert on almost any subject I propose. If you can't tolerate the peer review, refrain from posting. Are you new at this?

Thanks man.

Tell em PB

“Are you new at this?” HahHHah
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!

Nice catch! Kill em all.

Quote Originally Posted by hickory View Post
    Nice catch! Kill em all.
    You sure you "don't get too worked up about it"? Seems the mans thread has got you all triggered. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by bumponalog View Post
    You sure you "don't get too worked up about it"? Seems the mans thread has got you all triggered. LOL
    Yeah, it does piss me off when people come to my back yard and kill fish with the attitude of, “crabs gotta eat too”. You hear that same attitude from some idiots gigging and releasing undersized flounder (for the record, I gig often and kill plenty of good sized fish but plenty of locals are very opposed). I don’t get as worked up as those who are actively pushing for laws to tell us what we can and can’t do. Ignorance is bliss.
    All I’m saying is Boga grips kill fish after the release. Take it or leave it.
    https://www.saltstrong.com/articles/...lease-fishing/

Nice catch. Looks like a good time was had!!

Locals?

Quote Originally Posted by Baggy View Post
    Locals?
    Yep, plenty of folks from the coast are opposed to gigging and trying to have it banned or tighter regs.

+1 to ray bird

Arguing about the handling of sea carp.

Gigging has changed a lot in my lifetime. I've seen it go from Coleman lanterns to car headlights to submersible 12v incandescents in pickle jars to LED submersibles. Then the hightech gear from the freshwater bow fishing crowd hit the coast. Now you see john boats with enough wattage to light a stadium powered by noisy generators.

I used to have Charleston Harbor to myself almost any week night. I could gig for about eight hours before my two deep cycle batteries gave out. Now it's more common to see another gigger every several hundred yards along the bank.

In the olden days, you needed someone to show you how to do it. It wasn't a thing you learned on your own. It was relatively rare to know someone who regularly gigged flounder, or "went graining". Nowadays, it's easy to get shortcut to success by googling it and learning everything you need to know online. The same is true with most styles of fishing. The learning curve has been erased. You can be proficient before you learn to appreciate how rare and special it is to have such opportunities at your doorstep.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Bug View Post
    Gigging has changed a lot in my lifetime. I've seen it go from Coleman lanterns to car headlights to submersible 12v incandescents in pickle jars to LED submersibles. Then the hightech gear from the freshwater bow fishing crowd hit the coast. Now you see john boats with enough wattage to light a stadium powered by noisy generators.

I used to have Charleston Harbor to myself almost any week night. I could gig for about eight hours before my two deep cycle batteries gave out. Now it's more common to see another gigger every several hundred yards along the bank.

In the olden days, you needed someone to show you how to do it. It wasn't a thing you learned on your own. It was relatively rare to know someone who regularly gigged flounder, or "went graining". Nowadays, it's easy to get shortcut to success by googling it and learning everything you need to know online. The same is true with most styles of fishing. The learning curve has been erased. You can be proficient before you learn to appreciate how rare and special it is to have such opportunities at your doorstep.
    You can learn it all right here in SCDucks

Quote Originally Posted by hickory View Post
    Yeah, it does piss me off when people come to my back yard and kill fish with the attitude of, “crabs gotta eat too”. You hear that same attitude from some idiots gigging and releasing undersized flounder (for the record, I gig often and kill plenty of good sized fish but plenty of locals are very opposed). I don’t get as worked up as those who are actively pushing for laws to tell us what we can and can’t do. Ignorance is bliss.
    All I’m saying is Boga grips kill fish after the release. Take it or leave it.
    https://www.saltstrong.com/articles/...lease-fishing/

Hey man I completely understand where you are coming from but let me set the record straight since you brought it up

First of all IOP is my second home, my parents bought a house there when I was in second grade (1971 to be exact ) and I spent most of my summers there until high school football took over. I have been on that Island since BEFORE the IOP Marina even existed and nobody knew what in the heck Wild Dunes was. Still have pictures of the old Sand Dollard Campground at our house . Heck I even remember when the area where the golf course is along the ICW was a damn airport and saw a family of 4 burned up there in a plane crash. Fished the IOP Pier almost every day of the summer when I was there and walked 2 miles back to our house right at dark

I do know where you are coming from, I see folks abuse stripers (and other fish) on Hartwell all the time that do not live here. See a LOT of floating stripers this time of year that people THINK they released . PISSES ME OFF TOO

We can debate the boga grip all day long, just an article you posted of SOMEBODY’s opinion . I ALWAYS get fish landed as quick as possible and hook removed with minimal contact. The fish you see in the pictures (with the exception of mine) were the first REDS/SPECS for ALL of those so that is WHY I had the fish out for a quick picture and all swam away fine, with the exception of 2 reds in the slot limit and the spec, THOSE were wife and My supper tonight (DAMN GOOD )

You did not see ALL the fish we caught, most were not even taken out of the water. Just those for pics

So next time you try and throw somebody under the bus know what in the hell you are talking about

95DC2FC1-3C81-43A9-9238-AFA853809F1C.jpg
    Last edited by tprice; 08-05-2018 at 08:21 PM.