Thread: Hawk Helium Climbing Sticks

Default Hawk Helium Climbing Sticks

Looking at getting a set. Anyone have any personal experience with them?

Thanks,
    Mike

how much they cost?

i have found ANY stick to work. I prefer the sectional ones over the ones that are put together like a ladder.

My lone wolf sticks are my favorites but its likely bc I paid more for them and damn sure better like em. plus, you can flip the step from right to left. I reckon I'm not the first guy to put a set of sticks together only to realize i put em together wrong and the steps dont alternate like they should. Makes for a nice transition 16feet up the side of a tree....
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

$100.

I've looked at about all of them LW's, Muddy, API and so on. I want steps on both sides for when I hang stands and will probably just order them and see what happens. Wonder if PSA sells em.

Mike

I have the muddy pros. I like them. The rope and cam system is great.
    "Think A Guy Like Me Worries About Percentages?" Tin Cup

"Some get spiritual cause they see the light, and some cause they feel the heat" Ray Wylie Hubbard

"P.S. I love turkeys. Mostly just hate those who hunt em." Glenn

20180731_074818.jpg

I'm probably going back to a climber this year. I'll use these on public land. The trendy name is "hang and hunt" these are perfect for that.

"Some get spiritual cause they see the light, and some cause they feel the heat" Ray Wylie Hubbard

^explain??

they are tethered...but still sectional? So you can have access to each step as you set them?
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

How high can you get with those?

i just bought the muddy pros and am going to do a test run on them tomorrow. The hawks are supposed to be good sticks too. Tooth, here is a good you tube video of the muddy pros and how i will be using them this year, or at least try to use them this year.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    ^explain??

they are tethered...but still sectional? So you can have access to each step as you set them?
    Just like your lone wolf sticks.

Do any of y’all add an “adder” strap to your sticks to get additional height out of them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Muddy sticks lock together for easy transport. The steps fold up and are on both sides. I can get pretty high. 20'ish feet with all of them. I really like the little lock on I got form Muddy. There is a ratchet strap with a female adapter that you put on the tree and the stand slides right in. Then it has a bottom synch strap for the bottom. I can get in a tree pretty fast. Super quite. Its not as fast as a climber but your tree options increase with the muddy steps.

Quote Originally Posted by 3 1/2" MAGUM View Post
    How high can you get with those?
    They are helium filled , the sky is the limit.

I checked into the hawk helium sticks a couple years ago after picking up one of the helium lock on stands. Heard there was a recall on them that year and put me off. Personally, I think they are flimsy compared to Muddys or Lonewolf portable sticks.

I've owned both of Muddy's sticks, the short rope/cam system Pros and the strap/versa button style (like Lonewolf) Aerolites. Both offer double steps and have proven to be good, strong and stable sticks. I hunt mine a lot each season and would buy them again. I bought an extra 5th Pro stick and 5 will get you about 18', maybe 20' if you really stretch it out. 3 Aerolites in a set will get you about 15' or so, sometimes I'll carry one of the short Pro sticks too. I also always carry three old Ameristep strap on steps in my stand ditty bag if I need to get to 20'. I'll strap them on the base of the tree, usually two steps on the bottom strap and use them at the base of the tree to gain a few feet with the least amount of risk involved. They work great for flared tree bases too, like a tupelo, just hook two together. I don't stack the sticks in the shark fin style like muddy suggests. When packing I put one on the stand riser and nest the rest to the sides. Makes it much easier to navigate through the woods. FWIW, you can hunt a pile more trees with one of these set ups versus a climbing stand and when bowhunting "the" tree can make all the difference.
    Worship the LORD, not HIS creation.

"No self respecting turkey hunter would pay $5 for a call that makes a good sound when he can buy a custom call for $80 and get the same sound."-NWiles

Eggxactly what I was looking for S H. I'll take a stronger look at the Aerolites.

Thanks,
    Mike