Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lowcountry opener..

Me too brother! Add some college football and some dove shoots into the mix and life is good.
    More fuel = more boost!!

My favorite time to deer hunt followed close by October frost. Someone already said it shorts T-shirt snakeboots thermacell 1 water and 1 Gatorade.

If you work outside in this crap then hunting in it is a breeze. Leave the cubicle and go outside for lunch. Build yourself up Nancy
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Can't beat a low country bean field in August

Quote Originally Posted by Sportin' Woodies View Post
    Can't beat a low country bean field in August
    Unless you have a peanut field
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

Get off the ground in a tree, carry a Thermacell, dress in lightweight clothes. Treat your clothes with Permethrin, wear snake boots and take some water. If you sit still it isn’t bad. I agree with the get outside and acclimated part, sitting in the AC all day will make you soft.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Shit it's been cooler the last 10 days than late October last year

Im ready to sit in a stand and ponder life. Come sept some of the does eating in front of my house are gonna be in trouble
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

Quote Originally Posted by Phone Man View Post
    Im ready to sit in a stand and ponder life. Come sept some of the does eating in front of my house are gonna be in trouble
    Going to shoot one with that peashooter .375 H&H?
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    Going to shoot one with that peashooter .375 H&H?
    Maybe or my 30-06 encore pistol. Yall get some pigs nailed down id love to come shoot one with the pistol or the old sharps
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.

Quote Originally Posted by trkykilr View Post
    Unless you have a peanut field
    Or cotton
    More fuel = more boost!!

Quote Originally Posted by Timsmith View Post
    It going to hot as hell to hunt, the only state out of the lower 48 that’s trying to kill the hunters with heat stroke.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Archery season started in the Everglades on July 28th here in Florida. No thank you.

i havent used bug spray in eons. DEET? No thanks. I hate smelling or tasting that shit.

I use a thermacell and go "rhett" with a bug tamer and just sit there and sweat and wonder why the hell I am out there.

But I am pretty sure I'll do it again in a couple weeks.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    i havent used bug spray in eons. DEET? No thanks. I hate smelling or tasting that shit.
    Deet is my favorite cologne. It smells like fun times.

hey...i'm all for you being you....or people being people...and I know i'm not normal....but i just dont need bug spray. sure, i get bit but i just dont seem to care.

I dont own snake boots, either.

I'm gonna die. I'm aware of that.

I put bug spray on my ankle and britches legs to keep chiggers off of me. Otherwise im with 2th on that. I sweat too bad and ill have it in my eyes and mouth and burning everywhete. I wear snake boots though.

Watched a video of a guy deer hunting in FL over weekend. I bet it is some more kinda God awful muggy sittin in the everglades with a bow.

i got chiggers right f'in now

thanks for reminding me. they just starting itching again....

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    i got chiggers right f'in now

thanks for reminding me. they just starting itching again....
    Maybe you oughta rethink that bug spray usage.

actually...i wasnt wearing socks or pants that had been treated with premethrin....

Bug spray and cancer or bug bites and Zika? You can't win.