Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lowcountry opener..

Default Lowcountry opener..

Y'all lowcountry folks got 14 days and a wake up. Just don't get your deer with a side of west Nile. Fox Carolina has an article where someone in the "pee dee" just contracted it. They won't tell which county. I'd be covered in deet with 2 therocells going if I found out that shit was in my area!
    Last edited by Rabbitman09; 08-01-2018 at 06:28 PM.

I’m on the way to get deet and another thermacell right now. Thanks for the heads up

Hell even with that stuff they still get my ass. I was amongst them yesterday...
    Quote Originally Posted by Chessbay View Post
    Literally translated to, "I smell like Scotch and Kodiak".
    "Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees"- Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

It going to hot as hell to hunt, the only state out of the lower 48 that’s trying to kill the hunters with heat stroke.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Timsmith View Post
    It going to hot as hell to hunt, the only state out of the lower 48 that’s trying to kill the hunters with heat stroke.

Better yet, take a kid on the 11th...

Quote Originally Posted by JBtflo View Post
    Better yet, take a kid on the 11th...
    Carry a kid on 11th , I think the parents ought to be shot. Hunting is supposed to enjoyable, 90 degrees ain’t enjoyable for nothing especially sitting still with sketters busting that ass

Quote Originally Posted by Timsmith View Post
    Carry a kid on 11th , I think the parents ought to be shot. Hunting is supposed to enjoyable, 90 degrees ain’t enjoyable for nothing especially sitting still with sketters busting that ass

It is pretty sad.

I wish I could breathe life back in him, if I could I'd hunt him again tomorrow. - Ben Rodgers Lee

www.springallurecustomcalls.com

https://www.facebook.com/springallure.customcalls/

This is my favorite time of year to hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Interceptor4 View Post
    This is my favorite time of year to hunt.
    I've never hunted in august but I would like to know how y'all do it? Do y'all wear camelbaks and carry portable mister fans?

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbitman09 View Post
    I've never hunted in august but I would like to know how y'all do it? Do y'all wear camelbaks and carry portable mister fans?
    No, I just sack up and wait for a buck. No different than working outside this time of year to me.
    "Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees"- Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

cover up. west nile damn near killed me in feb 09. virus turned into encephalitis and put me on my rear end for almost a month, most of which i dont remember.

No symptoms in most people. Most people (8 out of 10) infected with West Nile virus do not develop any symptoms.

Febrile illness (fever) in some people. About 1 in 5 people who are infected develop a fever with other symptoms such as headache, body aches, joint pains, vomiting, diarrhea, or rash. Most people with this type of West Nile virus disease recover completely, but fatigue and weakness can last for weeks or months.

Serious symptoms in a few people. About 1 in 150 people who are infected develop a severe illness affecting the central nervous system such as encephalitis (inflammation of the brain) or meningitis (inflammation of the membranes that surround the brain and spinal cord).

Symptoms of severe illness include high fever, headache, neck stiffness, stupor, disorientation, coma, tremors, convulsions, muscle weakness, vision loss, numbness and paralysis.
    Severe illness can occur in people of any age; however, people over 60 years of age are at greater risk. People with certain medical conditions, such as cancer, diabetes, hypertension, kidney disease, and people who have received organ transplants, are also at greater risk.
    Recovery from severe illness might take several weeks or months. Some effects to the central nervous system might be permanent.
    About 1 out of 10 people who develop severe illness affecting the central nervous system die

Personally, I enjoy road hunting the FMF listening to Jason Aldean while sipping on a cold one...

Pro tip- make sure you have ear protection on before firing a rifle from an enclosed truck. Shit will make your ears ring for months.

On a more serious note, prayers sent out to all those deer dogs that have been penned up since January 2nd.

The law that allows us to hunt this early doesn't make it mandatory. If you don't want to hunt, you don't have to. They should make that more clear in the regulation book.

No, I just sack up and wait for a buck. No different than working outside this time of year to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Bug View Post
    The law that allows us to hunt this early doesn't make it mandatory. If you don't want to hunt, you don't have to. They should make that more clear in the regulation book.
    It doesn't work like that. When the season is in....your inner soul is screaming "Must Go Hunt....it's bout to be hot as ballsack but Must Go Hunt!"

It doesn't work like that. When the season is in....your inner soul is screaming "Must Go Hunt....it's bout to be hot as ballsack but Must Go Hunt!"
    Yea but there's a lot of so-called deer hunters that ain't got not soul.

Snake boots, shorts, T-shirt, thermacell, rifle, couple bottles of water.. it’s pretty easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Interceptor4 View Post
    Snake boots, shorts, T-shirt, thermacell, rifle, couple bottles of water.. it’s pretty easy.
    Pretty much what he said.

It's really not that bad, I do field dress the deer I shoot in August to cool them down as quick as possible. The last couple years the mosquitos have been worse in October than they have in August.

Hard to believe it’s drinking, I mean hunting season already!
    More fuel = more boost!!

Quote Originally Posted by KRT View Post
    Hard to believe it’s drinking, I mean hunting season already!
    I like it.