Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 123

Thread: Keto

  1. #61
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Spartanburg
    Posts
    41,257

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fowlshot View Post
    I've been trying IF for the last couple months and have definitely not had an issue sticking with it like I thought I would. I was thinking about Keto after doing some reading not long ago but never read into too much detail.

    Do y'all have any recommendations for a good website that you like to get an idea of what I need to be doing?
    Go nuts!

    https://ketogains.com/welcome-to-ketogains

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    982

    Default

    Great, thanks!

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Mars Bluff, SC
    Posts
    10,422

    Default

    Day five. Feel good & down 7lbs. Shoulders felt "dry" & achy in the gym yesterday. Other than that, going well so far. Ate salad, prime rib & broccoli last night. Felt like I had cheated as I was stuffed for the first time this week. Still in ketosis this a.m. Ate way late though. I am determined to go at it one month right now without a hiccup. Have not taken a Zyrtec in over a week as I was taking one daily. Allergies are not bothering me so far.
    Last edited by Mars Bluff; 08-03-2018 at 07:04 AM.

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Columbia / Fuquay NC
    Posts
    2,705

    Default

    What app do you use to trac macros, my fitness pal? What confuses me is the net vs gross carb tracking. When the macro calculator recommends to 26 carbs, I'm assuming that's net carbs, however my-fitness pal records gross carbs I'm assuming whenever I input a meal.

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Spartanburg
    Posts
    41,257

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scmoose View Post
    What app do you use to trac macros, my fitness pal? What confuses me is the net vs gross carb tracking. When the macro calculator recommends to 26 carbs, I'm assuming that's net carbs, however my-fitness pal records gross carbs I'm assuming whenever I input a meal.
    Good question. The two most common ones are my fitness pal, which I use, and cronometer. As far as net carbs go, I donít worry about it. I just keep total carbs below 25 and roll. Tracking period is enough to worry with. I donít need more math in my life.

    I use the paid version of MFP. It allows me to input everything in grams rather than percentages.

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Columbia / Fuquay NC
    Posts
    2,705

    Default

    Also I wear a Fitbit, when ever I remember too, and it syncs with MFP. It adds to my allowed caloric intake based on my workout/activity. Do you stick with a standard caloric number, or do you adjust up based on activity.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Spartanburg
    Posts
    41,257

    Default

    Do NOT eat back your exercise calories! Turn that feature off and stick with your KG macros.

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    SW GA
    Posts
    8,465

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Remy View Post
    What's wrong with good ol moderation? I understand how Keto can help you lose weight and be healthy, but be honest, how many people can actually stick with it long term? As soon as you stop, the weight will come back.
    Everyone has to justify their diet.
    Fwiw, I have had McDonald's twice this week, I have a kickstart and a zebra cake for breakfast almost daily, I drink Powerade or Gatorade because water tastes like shit, I have never counted calories a day in my life, and I drink more than I should. I have 8% body fat, run 5 miles in 35 minutes and change and weigh 185 pounds.
    It's a simply system. 5 days a week I get off my ass and run in the mornings till I feel like I'm going to puke or pass out. In the afternoon I'm in the gym 5 days a week. probably the biggest key to my system working is not being a pussy and yelling 'merica! As frequently as possible.
    Now excuse me while a pound a sugar filled Gatorade. Gotta hydrate for all the booze I'm going to drink this weekend! MERICA!!!!!
    Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Here, There, Everywhere
    Posts
    4,476

    Default

    if i can't eat pizza and drink beer then is it really worth it? im here for a good time, not a long time.
    "JUST BECAUSE I AM NOT A GOOD SPELLER DOESN'T MEAN MY JEAN POLL IS GONNA BE BAD."
    Quote Originally Posted by Mergie Master View Post
    There's evidence coming out...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cottontop74 View Post
    I dabble in a lot of things, but don't get too technical with any of them.

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Florence, SC
    Posts
    357

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    Everyone has to justify their diet.
    Fwiw, I have had McDonald's twice this week, I have a kickstart and a zebra cake for breakfast almost daily, I drink Powerade or Gatorade because water tastes like shit, I have never counted calories a day in my life, and I drink more than I should. I have 8% body fat, run 5 miles in 35 minutes and change and weigh 185 pounds.
    It's a simply system. 5 days a week I get off my ass and run in the mornings till I feel like I'm going to puke or pass out. In the afternoon I'm in the gym 5 days a week. probably the biggest key to my system working is not being a pussy and yelling 'merica! As frequently as possible.
    Now excuse me while a pound a sugar filled Gatorade. Gotta hydrate for all the booze I'm going to drink this weekend! MERICA!!!!!
    Your diet sounds familiar. I'm more of a Mt Dew and fudge round kind of guy though. Gym time and genetics make up for a lot.
    And as far as out exercising a bad diet, most people will never know because they don't work hard at the gym. I've been going to the gym for 15 years and 90% of people there hardly break a sweat.
    Last edited by Remy; 08-03-2018 at 08:04 AM.

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Columbia, SC
    Posts
    33,447

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stripa Swipa View Post
    I've done both. I stress out blah blah blah micromanage blah blah research blah blah change remicromanage blah blah blah.
    FIFY
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    7,098

    Default

    Looked into keto but figured I didn’t have the will power to stick with it with 2 young kids. My hats off to those you can. Maybe I’ll be there one day. Did a month of nutrisystem and lost 25 pounds or so. That was back in February or March. Since then I’ve just tried to make better decisions. Also I have started doing most of the roofing repairs myself instead of getting one of my guys to do them. Less carbs, no sodas or sweet tea, stuff like that. I was 380 lbs in January and down to 308 this morning and feel better than I can ever remember. Still got a ways to go though
    "They are who we thought they were"

    You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Mars Bluff, SC
    Posts
    10,422

    Default

    One week in today. 11lbs down & feeling good. Appetite has fell off & not eating near as much. Not sure if I'm just bored with the no carb no sugar food but I can go longer without eating. Strength is still there in the gym. Energy level is up. Sleeping good at night.

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Spartanburg
    Posts
    41,257

    Default

    Good deal!

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Lowcountry
    Posts
    3,535

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    FIFY
    LMAO Toofy.....
    "hunting should be a challenge and a passion not a way of making a living or a road to fame"

    Rubberhead

  16. #76
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Chapin
    Posts
    7,484

    Default

    So what is an example of some meals you guys are doing? I need to do something to get on the right track.

    Travel around a bunch during the day, try to take customers to lunch 2-3 days a week. So what do you do when eating at a restaurant?

    Was reading on the website Glenn posted last night, but maybe not in the right spot to get started.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    *2008 & 2009 Bream World Champion*


    Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. - Benjamin Franklin

  17. #77
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Spartanburg
    Posts
    41,257

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cusportsman View Post
    So what is an example of some meals you guys are doing? I need to do something to get on the right track.

    Travel around a bunch during the day, try to take customers to lunch 2-3 days a week. So what do you do when eating at a restaurant?

    Was reading on the website Glenn posted last night, but maybe not in the right spot to get started.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Simple stuff. Meat and vegetables. When we eat out, which isn't often, it's just that. Some type of salad with meat on it or steak/vegetable etc. Waffle House, for example, is chicken and eggs with some sliced tomatoes.

  18. #78
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Mars Bluff, SC
    Posts
    10,422

    Default

    Starting my 4th week. Started picking up some recipes & it helps a lot. Down 15lbs. I'm 4lbs away from my first target goal of 215. I'll celebrate with beer & pizza!

    Last week was a roller coaster with losing a pound & gaining a pound. Able to get in some old clothes so it's all good. Cravings are shored up now. Although at times it's tough.

  19. #79
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    The Crystal Coast
    Posts
    12,430

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Starting my 4th week. Started picking up some recipes & it helps a lot. Down 15lbs. I'm 4lbs away from my first target goal of 215. I'll celebrate with beer & pizza!

    Last week was a roller coaster with losing a pound & gaining a pound. Able to get in some old clothes so it's all good. Cravings are shored up now. Although at times it's tough.
    Good stuff.




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  20. #80
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Lexington
    Posts
    1,675

    Default

    Several friends of mine are trying Keto. They were telling me about, and I knew I was needing to do something. I’m 6’4 and had hit 296lbs at the last doctor’s appointment. So I read some links Glenn had shared on this thread, got the gist of what I had to do, and started eating different on August 3rd. I was routinely spending $30 a day on food, eating sammiches, Wendy’s or Chef Boyardee, and whatever we ate for supper. Plus drinking Mountain Dew and about a gallon of milk a day. I wasn’t eating because I was bored or routine, I was constantly hungry. Was probably doing 6-8,000 calories a day.

    Since starting on August 3rd, I eat a 1/2lb block of pepper jack cheese for a mid morning snack, a 5oz spinach salad with a cut up avocado, and hand shredded deli turkey with ranch for lunch, then some protein for supper. I got on the scale yesterday, and am down 28 lbs in 16 days. My energy level is way up, I feel night and day different, and never really feel hungry. Would like to get back down to around 215-220, which is where I was 6 years ago when I met my wife.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •