Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Keto

Carry those small packets of tuna. Great when you are absolutely about to jones for something. Im so tired of pork skins.

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    You mother fuckers considered running your ass off and eating whatever you want? Doesn't require any carb counting or reading
    But then what would you have to complain about?

FUCK RUNNING! I would rather be kicked in the balls than run> I only do it because I have to
    Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    You mother fuckers considered running your ass off and eating whatever you want? Doesn't require any carb counting or reading

I run all the time and would still be 20% body fat if I didn’t cut back on carbs. I am naturally just a fat bastard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am off the diet now but still make sure I don’t overdo the carb intake daily. I started in February and lost 61 lbs. I had to buy a new wardrobe and quit the diet when my new clothes wouldn’t fit anymore.
    Last edited by redhead25; 08-01-2018 at 07:43 PM.

You will never out exercise a bad diet and poor nutrition.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    True. Been trying & it ain't happening.

Went into ketosis. Made it a little easier to see that. Gotta stay strong as we have a function tonight & I don't want to blow it with any alcohol or carbs. So far, no fall off in gym in strength. Feel sharper this morning.

Vodka and soda.
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”
    -Samuel Adams

That really depends on genetics. Some people can eat McDonalds everyday and look great. I'm not saying they're necessarily healthy, but they aren't "fat"

But then what would you have to complain about?
    Oh have a little faith! I'll find something
    Quote Originally Posted by led0321 View Post
    I run all the time and would still be 20% body fat if I didn’t cut back on carbs. I am naturally just a fat bastard.

Try sprinkling some blow on those carbs
    Tell that to the vast majority of the T1 groups and watch how many people laugh.
    More like the vast majority of people don't have the grit, determination, and time to exercise out poor nutrition
    Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.

Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    True. Been trying & it ain't happening.

Went into ketosis. Made it a little easier to see that. Gotta stay strong as we have a function tonight & I don't want to blow it with any alcohol or carbs. So far, no fall off in gym in strength. Feel sharper this morning.
    Most liquors don't have carbs. Get into the odd fruity shit, and then problems arise.

Vodka or rum with the zero-cal squeeze flavors with ice and water is good.

Of course Scotch and Bourbon on the rocks is fine, too.

I found my new "lake beer" is Bud Select 55. Less carbs than Ultra. And, yeah, it sucks, because I am a craft-beer snob.

Sent from my S9+ using Tapatalk

Alcohol, as a toxin, takes metabolic priority and will shut down fat metabolism and increase systemic inflammation. Carb levels have nothing to do with how it derails you.

Guess my Titos, water & lime is golden then.

Alcohol, as a toxin, takes metabolic priority and will shut down fat metabolism and increase systemic inflammation. Carb levels have nothing to do with how it derails you.
    Well damn. Buzz kill.

There was a point in my life at 20 years old I was running 5 miles a day, swimming 2 miles, and had hundreds of pushups and flutter kicks sprinkled in. I never had a 6 pack and it wasn't because I was drinking and eating M&Ms.

You should publish that research.

Absolutely. Whenever i do Keto, the weight melts UNTIL i start drinking. Then i just stagnate.

However, if you're going to cheat for one night, then Vodka is the lesser of evils.
    Last edited by everlast; 08-02-2018 at 09:17 AM.
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”
    -Samuel Adams

I've been doing it since the end of March. I'm down 28#. I didn't do all the tracking, etc so I'm sure my results could have been better/faster.

The first 2 weeks was tough until I fully converted to fat and I actually had a bit of keto rash on my forearm for that time as well. We try to keep our diet in the 65 fat/35 protein %. I love all the butter, cheese, and heavy cream.

The best part is the lack of bloating after eating a carb-heavy meal. The worst part is how expensive its been getting new clothes.
    Vegetarian: Native American for Piss Poor Hunter

You should publish that research.
    Me? I wish I just knew how much protein I needed back then. I was so ignorant, even more so than now.

Quote Originally Posted by gooseaholic View Post

The best part is the lack of bloating after eating a carb-heavy meal.
    Worst part is i never have gas. NEVER. I miss torturing my kids and wife occasionally (every day).
    -Samuel Adams