Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 100% Badass!

Quote Originally Posted by BOGSTER View Post
    I fish a 42 yellowfin. From the Georgetown marina to the swbx in an hour flat.

If it’s hot, we sweat. If it rains, we get wet. If we need ice, there is no making it.

Not to mention billfishing isn’t the same. No doubt it can be done.....but the Hums not the same, dredge fishing, etc.

I’m awful happy to fish that over a 26ft Grady, but it ain’t no Spencer.
    You forgot one, when it gets sporty you get the shit beat out of you even more. There is no substitute for LOA and displacement, fact.

For $200k I can buy a 35-38ft express that fishes better and I can take the family on for the weekend or I can buy some SKA wet dream. No brainer in my book.
    cut\'em

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    Hell yeah, be on the BSB and Bliners in no time.

Had a Freeman 42LR with quad Mercury Racing 400’s pull up beside us last time out. That was a badass boat too but, I’m sticking with the Southport.
    63C4C611-6C2B-4E68-BDC2-60E0D4406331.jpg
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

That cat backed this down the ramp at Cudjoe Gardens Marina while I was filling up. Ended up having to follow him out of canal, slowly. He did not plane off at his first chance so I blasted by him and negotiated the tight turns of the channel markers at 59.735748392835 MPH. I held my own until about a mile out when gravity changed. He blew by me at 80 MPH. 89 rod holders in his boat but not one visible rod.
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

But at least he looked good with all the rod holders
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

that boat will hold 2 tons of coke
    Last edited by ecu1984; 08-04-2018 at 04:02 PM.

Rod holders look like the ones Palmetto Trooper made for me.

Just past the new Rascal.
    I know two guys who have Spencers. One had a Jarrett before, which ain't exactly slummin' it. What separates Spencers from the Merritts, Scarboroughs, Manns, etc.? Serious question.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Bart View Post
    I know two guys who have Spencers. One had a Jarrett before, which ain't exactly slummin' it. What separates Spencers from the Merritts, Scarboroughs, Manns, etc.? Serious question.
    The ride. They can haul ass and run in the ocean. Most NC boats are pretty good but IMO spencer and bayliss are at the top.

Merritt is a Florida boat, they are beautiful and the craftsmanship is top notch but they won’t ride like something built in NC.
    cut\'em

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    that boat will hold 2 tons of coke

boat.PNG

Saw this one fueling up on Lake Hartwell Memorial Day weekend. Looks to be a 57' MTI named Unbridled, No clue what business it has being on the lake.

Quote Originally Posted by Calibogue View Post
    Some of y'alls taste in boats is just plain trashy!
    Amen

Quote Originally Posted by msbrown View Post
    boat.PNG

Saw this one fueling up on Lake Hartwell Memorial Day weekend. Looks to be a 57' MTI named Unbridled, No clue what business it has being on the lake.
    The owner of this thing stands 5'7, uses a ton of hair product(s), and douses himself in original Polo.

I don't think I'd enjoy getting into a conversation with a guy that owned a boat like that.

I fish a 42 yellowfin. From the Georgetown marina to the swbx in an hour flat.

So you have the good fortune of fishing the fastest 42 Yellowfin ever produced? Go try to sell that load somewhere else....that boat wont get there from GLM in an hour flat if the owner runs it on the pins the entire way(which I sincerely doubt as well).

Quote Originally Posted by FishSticker View Post
    So you have the good fortune of fishing the fastest 42 Yellowfin ever produced? Go try to sell that load somewhere else....that boat wont get there from GLM in an hour flat if the owner runs it on the pins the entire way(which I sincerely doubt as well).
    Maybe he meant on a flat sea, without ice, tackle, people, and just enough fuel to get there and back? Yeah, I don't think so either.

I would much rather have the Wiggins in Coastal's picture than any of those boats! I need a rack system like that!!!!!!!!!
    I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life and see if I could not learn what they had to teach; and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived. Henry David Thoreau, WALDEN

Quote Originally Posted by FishSticker View Post
    I like that you know so much about a boat you’ve never seen.

I bet that you’re a ball to fish and hunt with. Fairly certain you’d let me know how many pintails you’ve killed, and how many marlin you caught in your lifetime within 15 minutes.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

I killed 17 drake pintails one morning.

Not really any reason to mention it.. but I felt like that was my "in" .

Plus, I'm bored. There hasn't been an entertaining thread lately.

I don't like CCs because they go fast. I've never even entertained the thought of buying a fast car.