Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Looking for home for GSP

Male or female? The pictures don't show any junk and it looks like a female to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    Unique markings on him. Hope he gets a good home.
    Thought the same thing. I like the brown spot on his leg, never seen that before.

Why do people get dogs and then all of a sudden, they don't have room. Makes me sick.

why do you care and why is it any of your business?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregory View Post
    Why do people get dogs and then all of a sudden, they don't have room. Makes me sick.

People fall on hard times. What if someone had a house with 5 acres but due to unforeseen circumstances they have to move to an apartment. You never know, like SCBULL said why does it matter as long as they find it a good home.
    Last edited by banded_mallard; 08-01-2018 at 07:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by banded_mallard View Post
    People fall on hard times. What if someone had a house with 5 acres but due to unforeseen circumstances they have to move to an apartment. You never know, like SCBULL said why does it matter as long as they find it a good home.
    And this dog has found a new home based on the OP’s post on page 1
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

Pretty pup.

Looks like one of those dogs you buy, load up and drive home, open the truck door when you get home, and the sucker takes off like a rocket never to be seen again, all the while headed back home to the man who sold it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Gregory View Post
    i absolutely agree and absolutely am welcome to that opinion.

I wouldnt leave my kids. I wouldnt leave my dog. To some people, a dog is just a dog. I guess I care about my dog and expect to take care of him until he's dead.

I'm not faulting people for having a different opinion and I guess that's why God made shelters...but I have a different opinion than someone that would be ABLE to give up a pet.

Granted, if I gave up Griffin, my daughter would kill me....so there's that.
    Last edited by 2thDoc; 08-02-2018 at 06:01 AM.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    i absolutely agree and absolutely am welcome to that opinion.

I wouldnt leave my kids. I wouldnt leave my dog. To some people, a dog is just a dog. I guess I care about my dog and expect to take care of him until he's dead.

I'm not faulting people for having a different opinion and I guess that's why God made shelters...but I have a different opinion than someone that would be ABLE to give up a pet.

Granted, if I gave up Griffin, my daughter would kill me....so there's that.
    My thoughts exactly! My dogs are treated as my children are.
    I understand the coment about why do people get dogs and the give them away. My cousin is this way and i cant stand it. She doesnt give it away , but when the new puppy wears off ( 1-1 1/2yrs old) then its time to get another one only to put the older ones in the kennel to water and feed. Cant stand it !!!!

I don’t completely disagree with you, man but the guy isn’t here to defend himself and I’m not gonna tell someone else’s business on the Internet.

“To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.”

I bought my first house at 13% interest rates because I had dogs and couldn't move into an apartment with them. I'd go jobless or homeless before I'd give up one of my dogs or any other family member.

I never have wanted to give away a dog or “get rid” of a dog but my wife and I had a chocolate lab for 6 years before we had our daughter. When our daughter was 8 months old the dog bit her. He always had a food aggression, I worked with him and a trainer worked with him, we just learned to deal with it. He was a great dog and great with children. Except that one instant. And the kicker was my daughter wasn’t down by his food bowl, he jumped up on her high chair. Some people would try and rehome the dog, others well, you know. Now I have a Boykin (1 1/2) that my daughter loves and she loves her.
    Last edited by M.R.Ducks; 08-02-2018 at 11:47 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by squatty View Post
    R. Not
    So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness. —Colossians 2:6–7

So did you rehome him or just go ahead and do what should have been done about the 2nd time he showed "food" agression towards you?
    Last edited by SCswampCAT; 08-02-2018 at 12:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SCswampCAT View Post
    So did you rehome him or just go ahead and do what should have been done about the 2nd time he showed "food" agression towards you?
    He’s no longer with us or anyone else for that matter.

Edit: I should say me and the wife could mess with his food just fine. Any other animals he would growl at and start fighting.
    Last edited by M.R.Ducks; 08-02-2018 at 12:41 PM.
    R. Not
    So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness. —Colossians 2:6–7

What I’m getting at, there’s always different circumstances that you or I don’t know and that some people may not feel like discussing. My aunt had to give up her two dogs when she was laid off and almost lost her house before. You never know what some people are going through
    R. Not

So did we ever find out if the dog in the picture is a male or female? I'm just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Bug View Post
    So did we ever find out if the dog in the picture is a male or female? I'm just curious.
    The guy getting rid of it referred to it as a he so I’ve assumed it’s a male up to this point

“To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.”

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Bug View Post
    Yes, I'm pretty sure it is a male or a female. Really, what else could it be?

i'm with you on that, MRDucks.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

I realize there are some situations where it can't be helped. But, in the original post, it was stated " they just don't have room for him to roam". Piss poor excuse.