Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Looking for home for GSP

I realize there are some situations where it can't be helped. But, in the original post, it was stated " they just don't have the space for him to roam". Piss poor excuse.

I've never given away a dog nor do I plan on it, but I'm not about to keep a shiteater for fifteen years, either. Sometimes, you just get a crappy dog.

While I agree with the majority of folks on here about giving away dogs, there are situations as people stated that people can't help. We don't always know what the circumstance is. My brother in law bought a lab pup this January. He ended up enlisting in the Army this May. This was not planned, but needless to say he couldn't keep the dog. Now I have a 3rd lab......
    "I'm the type of person that when my feet hit the floor in the morning, the devil says, Aww shit....he's up"

HRCH Shakin' The Southland Shelby MH

Quote Originally Posted by WacknStack View Post
    While I agree with the majority of folks on here about giving away dogs, there are situations as people stated that people can't help. We don't always know what the circumstance is. My brother in law bought a lab pup this January. He ended up enlisting in the Army this May. This was not planned, but needless to say he couldn't keep the dog. Now I have a 3rd lab......
    Holy shit...they've brought back the draft??? When the hell did this happen???

Some of you sound like you contributed to the script for Bambi. I like my dogs and treat them well, but if it came down to them or a career, or having to move and get rid of them, they would have to go. I wouldn’t like it, but My human family matters more. Dogs are dogs. There are homeless people and hungry kids out there. If y’all fought as hard for them as you do your your animals, it would put quite a dent in those numbers.
    Last edited by wskinner; 08-02-2018 at 07:57 PM.

Update: I told the dog owner I would take the dog and we arranged a meet time. I informed him the dog would be hunted and kept outside. He would prefer it to be a pet and hunted. In the meantime 2 members on here pmd me and said they wanted the dog. I called the dogs owner and told him they may be better suited because they would have the dog = pet and hunting dog, he agreed.

Now, both of these guys have backed out.

I will still take the dog and give it a good home but if one of y'all really wants him and are serious I haven't gotten him yet. Sounds like a great dog.
    Windows Down!

Contact ceddy he was interested.

I buy and sell dogs all the time. Who gives a shat what all the “I love my dog like a kid” people think. That’s what’s wrong with today’s society, everyone thinks their opinions and feelings matter. They sound like a bunch of leftist fags....

Fact is the dog’s owner wants to find it a home. I’ll pass the word, more than likely it’ll be a hunting home.

Quote Originally Posted by Tha Dick View Post
    I buy and sell dogs all the time. Who gives a shat what all the “I love my dog like a kid” people think. That’s what’s wrong with today’s society, everyone thinks their opinions and feelings matter. They sound like a bunch of leftist fags....

Fact is the dog’s owner wants to find it a home. I’ll pass the word, more than likely it’ll be a hunting home.
    Nope. Lack of responsibility in all facets of life is what's wrong with society.

Quote Originally Posted by LC17 View Post
    Nope. Lack of responsibility in all facets of life is what's wrong with society.
    I’ll agree to that. But are you insinuating that it’s a lack of the owners responsibility because he’s getting rid of the dog? Dog looks healthy to me, So that’s just your opinion.

You are making all sorts of assumptions. He does not owe you any excuse.
    Quote Originally Posted by LC17 View Post

Someone has picked up the dog. And for what it’s worth, I’d rather a hunting dog live a life of hunting than a life of couch-sitting. So him getting rid of it was probably better for everyone.
    Do you guys also think it’s wrong to sell finished dogs? Do you think they don’t build an attachment to their trainer in the time that it takes to finish them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.”

Heck no, that’s got a 11 month old now if you want him.

CWPINST is offline 168 grains of assistance from a distance

Here is another angle. As a GSP owner I can tell you that they typically require a LOT more exercise than many breeds....way more than my Labs or Boykins ever did. For some dogs a few min of running around in the back yard is all the exercise that they need. A bird dog is a different creature in that regard. A good afternoon of exercise for my dog.....at least according to the GPS collar is about 3-5 miles. This is not enough for conditioning......just routine exercise. Conditioning takes around 8-12 miles depending on terrain. A lot of folks don’t realize that when they get a GSP pup and basically find out they don’t have the space for the exercise that a bird dog requires.
    If it ain\'t accurate at long distance, then the fact that it is flat shooting is meaningless.