Thread: New family member

Default New family member

I finally went to Georgia and picked up my new pup. She's a Wire Haired Dachshund, more specifically a Teckel. She's from very good bloodlines, titled parents and will be my blood trail dog. I'll try her on every other aspect of hunting too. I'll be more comfortable bow hunting in the evenings once I get her started on her tracking training.

Puppy breath is good for your soul.

2018-07-28 18.22.54.jpg
    Last edited by Palmetto Bug; 07-29-2018 at 12:44 PM.

Good looking dog!

I have to imagine the only thing more obstinate than a dachshund is one that calls itself a teckle.

Pretty pup. What's her name?

Cool looking pup.

Her registered name is Chloe Vom Mountain (from Vom Mountain Creek Kennels). Her nick name so far has been Weeny.

Teckles and Dachshunds have the same sort of relationship as Drahthaars to German Wirehaired Pointers. Drahthaars have much more vigorous testing and registry requirements. If it fails to qualify, it becomes simply a GWP.

The breeder of my new pup had to fly a breed marshal over from Germany first to bless the pairing and inspect the kennels and then again to inspect the puppies at eight weeks old. My dog can't produce Teckels until she has been field and conformation tested and paired with a similarly qualified male with the blessing of the breed club.
    Last edited by Palmetto Bug; 07-29-2018 at 04:17 PM.

Those are cool little dogs, and very capable for what you're wanting it to be able to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chessbay View Post
    Literally translated to, "I smell like Scotch and Kodiak".
    "Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees"- Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

Awesome!!
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.

Very cool!

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Bug View Post
    Her registered name is Chloe Vom Mountain (from Vom Mountain Creek Kennels). Her nick name so far has been Weeny.

Teckles and Dachshunds have the same sort of relationship as Drahthaars to German Wirehaired Pointers. Drahthaars have much more vigorous testing and registry requirements. If it fails to qualify, it becomes simply a GWP.

The breeder of my new pup had to fly a breed marshal over from Germany first to bless the pairing and inspect the kennels and then again to inspect the puppies at eight weeks old. My dog can't produce Teckels until she has been field and conformation tested and paired with a similarly qualified male with the blessing of the breed club.
    Very pretty pup! I hope y'all get to spend many days together in the field.

But serious question, it the last paragraph a joke or do people seriously bless the pairing of the dogs?
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

I had a dachshund named Mr. Noodle. He got so fat that his little transmission would touch the ground. He was the only dog I swear would sweat. He had a little treasure trail of pubic hair on his dick. He could come up with the most unique noises trying to get what he wanted. Like he wanted to talk.

If he was alive I would bless the pairing between him and your dog provided a close inspection of Chloe.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodney View Post
    I had a dachshund named Mr. Noodle. He got so fat that his little transmission would touch the ground. He was the only dog I swear would sweat. He had a little treasure trail of pubic hair on his dick. He could come up with the most unique noises trying to get what he wanted. Like he wanted to talk.

If he was alive I would bless the pairing between him and your dog provided a close inspection of Chloe.
    Everything about that is disturbing

I love my GSP’s but if I were to ever get a different type of dog over a pointer it’d be a dachshund. Neighbors had one when I was growing up, she was like my dog too.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by CurLee View Post
    Everything about that is disturbing
    I laughed
    Quote Originally Posted by BOG View Post
    Tip:
    Although it is natural for you and seems to be out of your hands, try to suppress your natural inclination towards dumbassedness and do some research of your own.I wish you luck.
    Tekton Game Calls
    http://tektongamecalls.com

They don't actually "bless" the pairing but they have to approve the match based on bloodlines, etc.

Yea Salty, I'm a hardcore GSP person but everyone I've ever known that had a Dachshund became Dachshund loyalists. I'll always have a GSP (or two) but I think I may get more utility out of a deer trail dog than a pointing dog in SC. My Shorthair will find deer but he's an air scent dog and not ideal for ground trail work.