Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: SSG. Rhett S. Bickley visitation

SHR T&R's Carolina Lucy Girl - Lucy
    SHR Carolina Magic's Max4Camiflage - Cami

Quote Originally Posted by luv2hunt View Post
    THAT is sporty. RIP Trad
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

That amount of people I saw tonight was awesome. Talked to his wife, she said she knows alot of the sc ducks family cared about him, it was sad, but rhett would want us to celebrate his life. Good to see a few of you guys. May God bless rhett and his family and all of you that traveled to see him off.
    "Pass it on in the name of Conservation"-Tracy Byrd

That double rainbow was a fitting conclusion, spent a few minutes digesting that. Saw some old friends and saw the most impressive celebration of a southern gentleman since Senator Thurmond. Until we meet again Trad, God's speed and His peace and strength to those left behind.

rhett woulda been proud of all the dressed up rednecks being kind to his family.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Goodness gracious that is AWESOME!!

His wife finished receiving people at 10 pm. She is heartbroken yet amazed at all of the people’s lives that he has touched. She talked to people for almost 5 1/2 hours. I think my wife could get business handled over a long lunch if it was me.

impressive

Quote Originally Posted by kquinn View Post
    His wife finished receiving people at 10 pm. She is heartbroken yet amazed at all of the people’s lives that he has touched. She talked to people for almost 5 1/2 hours. I think my wife could get business handled over a long lunch if it was me.
    I think I talked to her at 9:30 or so. I told his brother and sister that I only knew how Rhett touched my life. He, somehow, after checking my license almost 20 years ago, adopted me and was always there when I needed something. His brother told me something to the effect, "we're only starting to see how many folks were touch by Rhett"...

Most recently, after the Cranky Ole Taxidermist sunk his boat, Rhett called and offered to find it and put a line on it. How many folks would drive 4+ hours and dive into 40 degree water just to do someone a favor? He's the only one I know that would do it. The only reason he didn't do it was because I asked him not to...the COT, at this point, is better off with that boat right were it is.

I'm still coming to grips with how amazed I am that the most selfless, gregarious, and friendly person on SCDUCKS (Rhett) would bother to so thoroughly befriend the most selfish, aloof and anti-social person on SCDUCKs (me).

I've got a lot of growing up to do before I could be like Rhett.
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

I've got a lot of growing up to do before I could be like Rhett.[/QUOTE]

you and me both.
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

Quote Originally Posted by Phone Man View Post
    I've got a lot of growing up to do before I could be like Rhett.
    you and me both.[/QUOTE]

Damn ! Does it get any stronger than that ?
    I used to drink like a fish and run like a dog
    Done a whole lotta shit not permitted by law
    People call me the Picasso of painting the town

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelyeller View Post
    you and me both.
    Damn ! Does it get any stronger than that ?[/QUOTE]

quoted from rubberhead. He has a way with pictures and words. Ive reflected on a lot of things since I heard the news weds. Made me realize that there are a lot of things I need to change. I looked back at what kinda influence I had on people and whether it was a good one or not. I need to back up and punt.
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.

Agreed. It’s also reminded me to not take the friends I have, no matter their geographic location, for granted.

you miss me already. admit it.
    Last edited by 2thDoc; 07-30-2018 at 12:08 PM.

yep. Life gets in the way sometimes and we worry about time and money instead of making memories. My little ones have been teaching me that. Gotta take time to be with those friends.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    you miss me already. admit it.
    He weren't talking about you, knucklehead.

yes, he was.

I felt sick the entire trip up. Toofer made me feel better. I was reminded that I only despise him on the interwebs.
    "hunting should be a challenge and a passion not a way of making a living or a road to fame"

Rubberhead

Quote Originally Posted by Stripa Swipa View Post
    I felt sick the entire trip up. Toofer made me feel better. I was reminded that I only despise him on the interwebs.
    Truth

I didn’t get to speak to many as I really didn’t feel like it or know what to say but 2th did make a point to speak to me which I appreciated.......I still think he is an ASS though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    **2008 & 2009 Bream World Champion**

Genesis 27:3

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Agreed. It’s also reminded me to not take the friends I have, no matter their geographic location, for granted.
    Yep. None of us are guaranteed tomorrow and time moves quicker with each year. Loyalty is a forgotten virtue these days and yet from reading all of this, Rhett had it in spades. Be loyal to your family, those friends who are loyal to you, and forget about the rest.