Thread: Mini-14/30 Accuracy - PSA

Default Mini-14/30 Accuracy - PSA

Came across these and thought some on here who own a Mini-14 or Mini-30 may want to take a good look into them. They definitely work, although results may vary by rifle and type of ammo.

I recall a few years back on a Mini-14 forum where the guy who developed these posted all of his trial and testing info as he went along. It was interesting vs other guys who were shortening their barrels 1/4" at a time, etc.

Blued Strut -

https://www.amazon.com/Ruger-Strut-S...EP8FRN746A0231

Stainless Strut -

https://www.amazon.com/Ruger-Accu-St...ustomerReviews
    Last edited by WoodieSC; 07-25-2018 at 12:25 PM.
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

I own a mini-30, have for over twenty five years. I bet I've killed at least twenty or thirty deer with it, plus some youths using it to kill their first. I never used it for shooting over a hundred yards or so, most of my kills were in front or cutting off dog drives.

Mini 14/30 and accuracy are conflicting terms
    Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.

We had a mini-30. I absolutely hated it.
    Sea Ark 1542 w/ Yamaha 40
    Xpress 16 w/ 50 Hammer
    War Eagle 15 w/ 30 Hammer

--------------------------------------------------

"Sometimes you gotta grab the bull by the horns and the women by the tits and take charge in your life" - General Patton

"I'm very drunk and I intend on getting still drunker before this evening's over."
    - Rhett Butler

A-team used them for years!
    Never hit anyone though.

Had a mini-14 for years. It was reliable but not as accurate as any of my ARs and I always seemed to get blow back debris in my eyes with or without glasses.
    “Get out among the mountains and trees, friend, as soon as you can. They will do more for you than either man or woman could.” Theodore Roosevelt to John Muir after his wife's passing in 1905.

Quote Originally Posted by DJP View Post
    A-team used them for years!
    Never hit anyone though.
    You didn’t need to when you had Mr. T on your side. Who wasn’t going to be skeert of an, overall, gold chain, feathered earring having, Mohawked sporting black dude that pitied everybody.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    Mini 14/30 and accuracy are conflicting terms
    LOL... true that!

However, these stiffeners, and the barrel shroud/stiffener that I made for mine, really do make a heckuva difference for a truck/tractor gun under 200 yds or so.

Quote Originally Posted by tjm84 View Post
    Had a mini-14 for years. It was reliable but not as accurate as any of my ARs and I always seemed to get blow back debris in my eyes with or without glasses.
    It sounds like you needed to install a larger smaller gas port in the gas block. They come from the factory with the largest gas port which blows debris back and sends the brass about 20' @ 3-4 o-clock.
    ~ George Washington

I bought a mini 30 tactical- accuracy is fine for deer or varmints as far as the round will kill them- 1.5 x 5 scope- it is not a target rifle but I can hit a grapefruit every time at 150 yards with little effort.
    That's a dead deer, hog, or man every time.
    Last edited by Bad Habit; 07-25-2018 at 04:13 PM.

Sounds about right.. just didn’t wanna mess with it for fear of interfering with the reliability.
    “Get out among the mountains and trees, friend, as soon as you can. They will do more for you than either man or woman could.” Theodore Roosevelt to John Muir after his wife's passing in 1905.

I'm not familiar with the new tactical models.

Correction: These stiffeners apparently were designed for both the original and tactical style models.
    Last edited by WoodieSC; 07-26-2018 at 11:58 AM.
    ~ George Washington

Mine is woodgrain... You can't go around toting a tactical looking weapon donned in a LL Bean chamois and duck boots.

The best thing about rugers is you don't have to own one

Gun snobs. P95s rule.

Quote Originally Posted by Sportin' Woodies View Post
    The best thing about rugers is you don't have to own one
    Except a No.1, they're classy type guns. Probably go well with an LL Bean chamois and duck boots.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Woodie, I had an older mini and thought about doing this. Everything I read looked good. Just never got around to it.

I'm not sure what a round toit has to do with this or why it kept me from doing it.
    It's not enough to simply tolerate the 2nd Amendment as an antiquated inconvenience. Caring for the 2nd Amendment means fighting to restore long lost rights.