Thread: Getting ready

Default Getting ready

Finally getting around to running a line in my dove field. I set poles yesterday and ran some wire this afternoon. Going to mount a hand crank and finish it up tomorrow afternoon. A big shout out and Thank you to Bearclaw for the lead on some poles and giving me some hardware. You can pick your spot on my first shoot this year.

I tried something different this year leaving most of my winter wheat cover crop. Ive been cutting rows over the past month and the birds are getting pretty used to being in it. Need to open up some more fresh dirt, damn weeds are taking it over. I’ve also got a couple acres of browntop and 3 acres of corn.

How is everyone’s fields looking?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks good jreb. U can spray your wheat to keep it clean. I'm sure you've got some arbor mist just ready and waiting to be popped open to celebrate dove season

Looking good reb! I've been fighting weeds too; to the point now where I'm just spot spraying.
    image.jpg

Looks great. Best of luck this season!!
    Member of the Tenth Legion Since 2004

Last edited by dhall1693; 07-22-2018 at 07:56 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Indeed, yet I have killed no Jack Miners today, this month, or this season as our boy DHall has. I am more jealous of his awesome pig of a bird than everyone else combined.

First Peter 5:7 "Cast all your care upon God"