Thread: Inflatable fishing SUP

Default Inflatable fishing SUP

Anyone use one for fishing? I need something that easy to transport and fishes better than a canoe or a fishing kayak for small water. Thought i might give this a try. Seems especially convenient for fly fishing.

Any size, style, brand recommendations?
    Last edited by everlast; 07-22-2018 at 05:28 PM.
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”
    -Samuel Adams

I haven't done it personally but I know they are gaining in popularity. We had a guy fish the Kayakbassfishing.com National Championship tournament on Kentucky Lake this past March from one. He had a stand, rod holders, cooler, and a motor mounted to it. I know he had a camera guy that followed him around for most of the trip so there has to be some video footage on the web somewhere from it. That was a brave soul as the temps were around 25 degrees that week with water temps in the low 50's and it snowed the day before the event. Not sure what he wore on the water to keep him protected from the elements. I would assume a dry suit would be the only sensible option in the colder months.
    Living in Moncks Corner but looking forward to moving back to the West Coast in 2020 where there are more ducks and less duck hunters!! LOL

Check out BOTE Boards. They make a fantastic inflatable that is lightweight, comes as a kit (paddleboard, backpack, pump, paddle, etc...) weighs in at about 30lbs. They make all kind of racks, cooler attachments, etc...

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”
    -Samuel Adams

That’s the Ahab in that pic. It’s their top end model and isn’t inflatable. Their boards are regarded as one of the top fishing SUP’s on the market.
    Living in Moncks Corner but looking forward to moving back to the West Coast in 2020 where there are more ducks and less duck hunters!! LOL