Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Surprised This Hasn't Been Discussed...

Quote Originally Posted by Black Bart View Post
    I'd like to read this, as I'm usually impressed when "ordinary" people turn the tables on the bad guys. Please provide link or some point of reference so I can search.
    That thread is gone but I assure you it existed.
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

and it was awesome
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Quote Originally Posted by Duck cutter View Post
    and it was awesome
    I bet it was. A lotta people say what they'd do in a similar situation, but the truth is, you don't truly know until it happens. Hats off to ECU.

Which guy? Serious question.
    The shooter
    Btw, you won't hear me apologize often, so you may want to put that in your sigfile. ~Mergie

Pretty screwed up that the handicapped spot was a longer walk to the front door than any of the multiple open spaces seen in the video. Dood likely just pulled in there with wife and kid in his ear not paying attention. He shouldn't have pushed the guy...no doubt. People are crazy as *&^* and many are looking for confrontation. The guy was pissed at some prick assaulting his wife and he reacted like most of us would want to. I'd be arguing stand your ground for the dead guy defending what he saw as an imminent threat to his wife, as the shooter was clearly heated and threatening her (prove he wasn't). This is a good lesson on keeping your cool and going all-in if you decide to go in at all. Shoving someone to the ground accomplishes nothing and is dangerous...as proven; if he was going to engage, he should have engaged to take the guy out...that said, he shouldn't have engaged. I don't think this is going to be as simple as first reported when all is said and done. I see this going to a jury and not ending well for the shooter.
    Last edited by WhitewaterDuck; 07-23-2018 at 05:43 PM.
    “I can’t wait ‘till I’m grown” is the stupidest @!#* I ever said!

Default Surprised This Hasn't Been Discussed...

Quote Originally Posted by wskinner View Post
    I think the biggest point of contention is just how clear was this parking spot marked handicapped. If this was a QT then I'm sure there would have been clear, freshly painted lines and symbols as well as a sign on a t post. However, if it's like most crappy convenience stores, you can't even tell where the lines are, much less what color. "Disabled blue" looks a lot like "everyone else white", when faded.

Photo from article shows handicap parking spots look pretty obvious. The handicap ramp looks like semi-newly poured concrete. Maybe the spots were recently changed to handicap spots and the offenders were regulars and were not aware of the change....my guess is they are lazy and didn’t give a shit where they parked.

Also in the video, notice the altercation starts verbally with the shooter confronting the woman in the car from a reasonable distance. Just as the dead man is exiting the store the female driver exits the car advancing towards and confronting the shooter just prior to the dead man aggressively shoving him to the ground. One could speculate if she stayed in the car, her man would not have come out of the store and bull rushed the shooter. Even-though they probably would’ve still had words, the dead man would’ve lived to see another sunrise.

Bottom line is this is a shitty situation. Keep your damn mouth closed, don’t aggressively push someone without expecting something in return and mind your own fucking business.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Johnny Reb; 07-23-2018 at 07:01 PM.

Maybe the occupants of the vehicle thought it was “Bud Light” Parking?

Looks like a nice place.
    Crops are harvested, animals are killed.

It was meant as sarcasm, but I do appreciate you clearing it up.

Audio would probably help clear a lot up, but I’m assuming that’s a moot point. Either way, it reinforces my belief that there are many less real men n this country.
    Btw, you won't hear me apologize often, so you may want to put that in your sigfile. ~Mergie

Quote Originally Posted by Roddie View Post
    Audio would probably help clear a lot up, but I’m assuming that’s a moot point. Either way, it reinforces my belief that there are many less real men n this country.
    Trying to keep this light. If not in good taste.

http://cdn.funnyand.com/wp-content/u...l-Men-Love.jpg
    Last edited by w33kender; 07-23-2018 at 10:14 PM. Reason: can't post link pic worth a shit

As a general rule, you have a lot more to lose than shitty people.

Wonder if this was one of those scum who rides around looking for violations in the “handicapped access law” and sues people for a living. Just curious. That ramp does look awfully new...blue painted concrete markers too.
    “I can’t wait ‘till I’m grown” is the stupidest @!#* I ever said!

Quote Originally Posted by MKW View Post
    Looks like a nice place.
    Definitely the type of place a gun has been pulled before...

I'd like to read this, as I'm usually impressed when "ordinary" people turn the tables on the bad guys. Please provide link or some point of reference so I can search.
    I hope the link works. I spent my lunch break reading through this thread on reddit about "ordinary" people being put in these situations. The stories some people told were almost unbelievable(I'm sure some of them were). It also amazed me how many people under the age of 18 killed someone in self defense.

https://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/c...ub&sh=e869e0a7

I watched it. That hesitation followed by the shot just bothers me. I don't think the guy was advancing. He was justified in pulling his gun but he did not have to shoot in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Reb View Post

Maybe the occupants of the vehicle thought it was “Bud Light” Parking?

ok, Im not taking up for the parker, BUT...... the lines of the space are not blue, there is no sign at eye level to alert a driver that its handicapped. Also those light blue curb markers are probably unnoticeable in the dark. I also dont see the wheelchair painted in the parking space.

I imagine the markings do not conform to Florida statute for pavement markings, but im not taking time to look.

A plaintiffs attorney will either own the shooter's whole family or own the convenience store soon.......
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

USA Today article about this.

So it looks like they charged the shooter in this case.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/shooter-fl...ry?id=57151343

Quote Originally Posted by willyworm View Post
    If you willingly park in a handicapped spot and you're not legally handicapped, you're a streaming pile of crap.

Or if you park at the front door of a store in a no parking zone because you're too lazy to walk to a regular parking spot like a normal person you're a streaming pile of crap.

Sorry, not sorry

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    This

Also leaving your grocery cart in the middle of the parking lot instead of returning it to a designated area, maybe not as big of a pile of crap but still a pile non the less. I think it boils down to laziness and a disrespect for others.

I believe the shooter was justified in brandishing his weapon, however upon doing so in the video, to me, it looked like the dead man was retreating, granted not fast and probably talking shit the whole time. From what I can see in the video I don't believe the man deserved to die. Audio of what happened in the video would be helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Birddawg View Post
    I dont know how it was done. For all I know that weird bastard that determined it's gender licked it.