Thread: Aux fuel tank?

Default Aux fuel tank?

Thinking of adding an 40 or 60 gallon RDS auxiliary fuel tank to my truck to have the extra mileage on long trips. Does anyone have any experience with these types of tanks and will it throw any codes since you are gravity feeding the fuel into the factory tank.

If you dont stop for fuel how will you know when its time to pee or eat? My stomach and bladder are in tune with my gas gauge.
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

I have a transfer flow tank and system. 30 gallon and no issues. Pumps fuel into the main tank and correctly displays the fuel level in each tank. Truck gauge shows the total amount.

Quote Originally Posted by Phone Man View Post
    If you dont stop for fuel how will you know when its time to pee or eat? My stomach and bladder are in tune with my gas gauge.
    I was thinking the same thing...at least with my bladder. 500 miles is a long time to go without pissing.

I drove straight to ND one time and the guy that did the majority of driving was a truck driver. He rarely got anything to drink when we stopped. He said what goes in, must come out. Food is a little easier to keep in but once you start drinking a lot of water, coffee, and cokes etc...it comes out way to quick.

Quote Originally Posted by Phone Man View Post
    This. Plus airing the dog!
    Quote Originally Posted by sprigdog View Post
    I dunno, but being a good duck hunter and shooting woodducks have nothing in common.

You know any real good dove hunters?

Fun as hell, but.....

Mine is only used avoid high priced fuel stops.

I have one in the back of my truck, it's not wired to the fuel tank, only the pump. I hardly ever used it except for putting diesel into tractors, and I think I used it on my truck once. The pump went out on it, I need to put it in the trading post sooner or later.

Oh I'll still stop for natures calling but having the ability to go without worrying about when you will need to start looking for a decent fuel station. Also be able to avoid paying high diesel prices. Im looking at the RDS 72771 aux tank that will work with my fifth wheel.

X2 on a Transfer flow.