Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pay day

Default Pay day

Fence, garden, yard work.

Worship the LORD, not HIS creation.

"No self respecting turkey hunter would pay $5 for a call that makes a good sound when he can buy a custom call for $80 and get the same sound."-NWiles

Not many kids today understand value of hardwork. Congrats on solid parenting

Good job cheapskate.

Good job, were working on the same thing now. I want to take out taxes, tithe, room and board and meals but the wife is against it. Guess Ill 1099 them instead.
    Last edited by Saltydog235; 07-19-2018 at 06:59 AM.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Thanks fellas. Prior rate was $5 half day $10 full day and hours varied. He jumped all over the offer of $3 an hour. I could literally see the wheels turning in his head when I mentioned it. May sound cheap but you should also consider he gets other material stuff just like other kids, games, clothes and such like they all want. I try to tie his other in house chores to those, like cleaning up his room and behind himself around the house. He is well equipped for hunting and fishing as well. I explained the timesheet/pay was a privilege and not a right as he is part of the family with responsibilities like the rest of us. Don't know what tomorrow will bring but for now he's a darn good worker and proud to have him as an arrow in my quiver.

"No self respecting turkey hunter would pay $5 for a call that makes a good sound when he can buy a custom call for $80 and get the same sound."-NWiles

That’s beer money..... just kidding. Good job with teaching him about the real world. Need more of it.
    Last edited by wbrown609; 07-19-2018 at 07:33 AM.

Good job, dad, although he gon' go all D'Jango Unchained on you if you keep payin' those rates...

Quote Originally Posted by Baggy View Post
    Good job cheapskate.
    HA! my first thought too!

Good stuff, Spur. I'm sure it was probably $200 worth of work on the open market but remind him about lodging and meals....
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Thats good stuff ! He will be just fine !!
    I used to drink like a fish and run like a dog
    Done a whole lotta shit not permitted by law
    People call me the Picasso of painting the town

My dad used to do the same thing. I got paid $2.50 when I worked for him. And I was held to a higher standard than those making much more than me. But I wouldn't change it. A good work ethic has taken me far.

Your children are exempt from minimum wage. Even if paying them from a business.

Kudos to you and the kid...
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

Awesome!
    "some men are mere hunters, others are turkey hunters"-Archibald Rutledge

Nice job with that young fella!

My dad taught me the value of money early on. Starting at 5, he let/helped me plant a few acres of peanuts. I'd let folks Upick/We-pick and I'd take 2bu a day to town and boil. I'd pull a Radio Flyer around with a pot of hot peanuts for $1 a bag. By the end of the summers, I'd have more $1 bills than a show dog could jump over. By 10 or so, I footed the bill for everything I needed, including school lunches, ATV's, church trips, random stuff, you name it. Eventually, I got a 3 wheeled bike that I put fit a pot under the seat and expanded my territory. I'd have 10 or so of my friends come to the house every day and I'd pay them $5 a bucket to pick peanuts. By the time I was 15, I had made a killing I tell ya...
    Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Go Tigers!

I worked at the Wofford College grounds crew in the summer from the time I was 12 or 13 through the age of 19. All manual labor, outside, during the hottest months of the year. I made minimum wage, it was plenty for me at the time ... I would have been pissed if I was only paid $3/hour, and that was almost 20 years ago!

That money is better than what I got paid to do chores around the house...

That kid has never failed to say thank you for anything. As a matter of fact he has never failed even once to say "Thank you for taking me..." on any hunting or fishing trip we've ever been on even if it was a complete bust. Shame on me.

Quote Originally Posted by SCswampCAT View Post
    That money is better than what I got paid to do chores around the house...
    Yessir. You worked and it was expected. When you needed money to buy or do something you asked and pled your case.

Good stuff. I’m with Tyler. I just did what I was told or got the backhand
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

May need to borrow your yard man. Mine is charging $5/hour, and misses spots in the yard occasionally.

Quote Originally Posted by Spur hunter View Post
    That kid has never failed to say thank you for anything. As a matter of fact he has never failed even once to say "Thank you for taking me..." on any hunting or fishing trip we've ever been on even if it was a complete bust. Shame on me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spur hunter View Post
    Yessir. You worked and it was expected. When you needed money to buy or do something you asked and pled your case.
    Im in no way bashing you, at all.. He worked for it and you paid him. Theres nothing wrong with that. I said it in more of a jealous way. I didn't ask for much, I already knew what the answer was. Obviously if I went somewhere with friends my parents normally just gave the other parents "my" money. By the time I actually needed money to go somewhere or buy something on my own, I had a job and was driving.