Thread: Amber Jack and Snapper

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Amber Jack and Snapper

Hey I am looking for some different ways to cook up Amber Jack and Snapper. The Amber Jack are still in big chunks with the skin on. The snapper is fillets.

Does the AJ still have the worms in it?
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    Does the AJ still have the worms in it?
    thats just pre installed dental floss.

Take the worms out the AJ, roll them in flour and fry them up, then throw away the AJ filet.

I don't care what anyone says, and I've got 'hoo, ARS and YFT in the freezer: small donkeys are excellent table fare.

I've never cooked an amberjack. So there's that.

I like them as well.
    I take an PLB in the shower with me. Can't ever be too safe.

Whats it like to live w/o the Internet? Not bad, I get photos of your mom thought the mail....

"I'd like to know more about this. Someone give cottontop a bump of coke."
    Sportin' Woodies

I would think that a many have eaten it without knowing.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I would think that a many have eaten it without knowing.
    I've eaten it and known it. It's not terrible, firm and not very flakey, steaky. I wouldn't intentionally catch one to cook and the worms in the tail are pretty disgusting.

I like throwing the butterfly jig down and hooking one or three up. After that, I usually hook it up and hand the rod off to someone else or just hand it off on the first one. It's always fun to see someone who's biggest fish to date is a bass or catfish on an AJ.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

AJs out here don't have worms. Still not a very good eating fish but
    Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    I've eaten it and known it. It's not terrible, firm and not very flakey, steaky. I wouldn't intentionally catch one to cook and the worms in the tail are pretty disgusting.

I like throwing the butterfly jig down and hooking one or three up. After that, I usually hook it up and hand the rod off to someone else or just hand it off on the first one. It's always fun to see someone who's biggest fish to date is a bass or catfish on an AJ.
    Agreed. We don't target them, but I'll keep one if the opportunity presents itself. And yeah, after the first fight is fun, but the rest are pretty-much demoralizing. And they're everywhere. Few things more disappointing than a donkey eating your ballyhoo.

They have been in my freezer and I need to get them out so we are having a fish fry. I didn't know if it would be good battered and fried or if I need to do something else. When they cut these up for us they left a good part of the tail intact and only used the meat from the front end. Probably should have cooked these up by now but just never got around to it.

Soak in buttermilk, batter with House Autry (or equivalent), fry, eat. Nothing wrong with that for me.

IMG_1833.jpg

This was from our trip. It was for my daughters graduation. I took her and a friend that graduated with her along with some of our friends. As you can see we caught a good little mess of fish that day.