Thread: This Just Happened

Default This Just Happened

"I am going to plead with you, do not cross us. Because if you do, the survivors will write about what we do here for 10,000 years"

Yes.

:knucks:

Yes sir

Red or white skins? (Whites are prettier but reds are tastier.)

I cook mine in a pressure cooker. 45 minutes from the time they start hissing then cool and pop the lid and hold them submerged with a colander until none float. I only do around 5 lbs. per batch though.

Those look like good ones with very few pops. I love boiled peanuts.

red skin, I have to use this method when doing a bushel at a time.
    Doing a bushel right now and another tomorrow. Most will go in the freezer, my
    boys eat them like popcorn and I will toss PT a few bags for letting me borrow his badass spoon on steroids.
    "I am going to plead with you, do not cross us. Because if you do, the survivors will write about what we do here for 10,000 years"

I was about to ask you about that goober spoon. Wonder if I can get one with a rod rack I’m ordering.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

These Palmetto Trooper rod racks are the absolute heat...

Yep, that 11 rod holder is badass.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Nice

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    Yep, that 11 rod holder is badass.
    I saw it and it is sweeeet! You did want it powder coated garnet and black, correct?
    The frame is black and the tulip rod holders are garnet. BADASSSS - I wanted him to take the CNC machine and
    etch a mighty "fightin chickin" on the face of each tulip and emboss the etched mighty chickins in gold but he didn't have time.
    Last edited by ecu1984; 07-15-2018 at 08:10 PM.

Nothing badass about a fightin chiken. Just saying. Nice spoon
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

What size pot is that? Been wanting to get a new pot big enough to cook a bushel at a time.
    *2008 & 2009 Bream World Champion*

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. - Benjamin Franklin

This Georgia boy approves. A bushel at a time is strong.

The soak time is key.

Quote Originally Posted by cusportsman View Post
    What size pot is that? Been wanting to get a new pot big enough to cook a bushel at a time.
    Not sure but will find out.

The badass spoons are $50, high quality stainless. Last you a lifetime, pass it down to your kids.
    1 week lead time to get one. A must have for Low Country Boils and Beaufort Stew

Where'd you get the goobers?
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Done, as UGA_Dawg stated above, soak time is key to the tenderness and the saltiness.
    Bagging them right now for the freezer. Could be the best batch I have ever done according to my 82 Y.O.
    mom who's dad (my Grandad) grew peanuts for 50 years.
    Pot is 18 x 18 I think that makes it about 82 QT and heavy aluminum.
    This isn't something you rush.