Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Creamated ashes in shotgun shells. Anyone ever done this

Quote Originally Posted by Moonlight Hunter View Post
    There's a guy I work with who lives in NC and will have a viking funeral. He has a fully funded limited pay life policy that will fund it. Apparently, it's really expensive, and a complicated process to load a barge full of accelerant and fuel, and float it out into a navigable waterway and shoot flaming arrows at it. He showed me the permits he had already gotten, and the steps that his family has to take once he's dead. He is really excited about it.
    Permits? What the fuck is the point of dying if you have to worry about permits? I would come closer to shooting flaming arrows at the dipshit who thinks he has the right to issue me a permit...

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Permits? What the fuck is the point of dying if you have to worry about permits? I would come closer to shooting flaming arrows at the dipshit who thinks he has the right to issue me a permit...
    Apparently there's a lot of red tape to wade through when you want to float a burning barge out into the middle of shipping channels.

In other words, the harbor pilots are getting a cut?

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    In other words, the harbor pilots are getting a cut?
    Bingo. And the Coast Guard insists on being present as he passes on the way of the olde kings.

Ed Abbey didn't get no stinkin permit.

Quote Originally Posted by tprice View Post
    Guess I was just thinking about back pressure on shotgun shells, maybe mix something else in with the ashes IDK
    When I load popper loads for dog training I use millet or cat litter so the ashes wouldn’t really be much different. If it feels light, just mix in either of the above for an environmentally friendly load. If you want a hunting load, just do as was mentioned above and find a load with some buffer that you could substitute the ashes for.
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'