Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Creamated ashes in shotgun shells. Anyone ever done this

Default Creamated ashes in shotgun shells. Anyone ever done this

Very good friend of mine called me today, his Dad thinks he is not going to be here a lot longer (76 yrs old and smokes like a freight train and drinks every day but that is his choice. Done it all his life)

His Dad is also a life long hunter , still hunts and takes couple very nice bucks each year.

He told his family he wants to be creamated and would like for some of his ashes to be put in shotgun shells so everyone can shoot them at their family farm. .

I do have old MEC 600jr I have not used in years but still have it and was asked if when the time came I could do this.

Anyone every done this, looked on youtube and saw couple videos of folks doing this.

I would assume you just put the ashes in where the shot would go and the wad pressed down on to of powder would work and then crimp very tight

Kind of strange but it is his wishes and if you knew the guy it is "him", just like to make sure the shells go off correctly .,
    Last edited by tprice; 07-14-2018 at 07:46 PM.

I did for a friend’s father who passed. I substituted 5 grains of buffer for the ashes. The gentleman’s daughter and son-in-law ended up killing turkeys with those shells. It was pretty special for them.

Use a shell recipe that calls for a buffer and sub it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I do not hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. I would really rather not do it, but I am helpless in the grip of my compulsion"
    - Tom Kelly, Tenth Legion, 1973

Song written for my dad about his wishes for the same thing

Yeah, there will be a pile of greenheads that die that way one of these years. Hope it is no time soon...

I would like to go to the bottom of the marsh in Beaufort. All of the scavengers, let me return to the cycle. I told my wife to use cinder blocks, she didn't like that.

Guess I was just thinking about back pressure on shotgun shells, maybe mix something else in with the ashes IDK

When Mke Mckennzey bassed away a few years ago (he filmed for realtree) from falling out of a tree stand , he had his ashes put in some shells and his nephews took a tom in Georgia with them. It was pretty cool to hear them tell the store of how it all went down.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonlight Hunter View Post
    I would like to go to the bottom of the marsh in Beaufort. All of the scavengers, let me return to the cycle. I told my wife to use cinder blocks, she didn't like that.
    Told mine the same. I’m pretty sure when I’m gone it will not happen like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I told my wife to have me cremated and then throw a pig picking with all the trimmings. Have some of my ashes put in shells like above and have the drunks throw a few clays. But the grand finale is to put a bit of me in the pepper shaker so everyone can take a little bit of me home. Ha!
    Last edited by Downeast; 07-15-2018 at 05:53 AM.
    "We have become so open minded that our brains have fallen out"

I just hope i can smoke and drink and live to be 76.

I have a friend who did something similar with his fathers ashes. His father was in law enforcement and he left his first service pistol to his son. My friend put some of the ashes in some rounds and fires them every year on his dads birthday or date of death (I can't remember which). If you reach a dead end on finding out what is involved with doing this, let me know and I can ask him about how he got it done.
    Miner's Daughter's Coal Train 'Rosco'

"The only human quality he lacks is speech" -Alfred Brehm

Quote Originally Posted by scandler View Post
    When Mke Mckennzey bassed away a few years ago (he filmed for realtree) from falling out of a tree stand , he had his ashes put in some shells and his nephews took a tom in Georgia with them. It was pretty cool to hear them tell the store of how it all went down.
    Funny you mentioned that, the person that asked me about this knew Mike very well

Also thought it would be neat if they knew someone with a cannon to do this with
    Last edited by tprice; 07-15-2018 at 08:29 AM.

There is a remote inlet in eastern NC where I grew up and go often called Brown's Inlet. Its unmarked and unnavigable except for a few locals.
    Creeks full of oysters and clams, beach loaded with shark's teeth, etc. The most beautiful unspoiled and hidden place ever, that's where I will be scattered hopefully.
    Last edited by ecu1984; 07-15-2018 at 08:52 AM.

I creamate all my turkeys and load their ashes in the TSS handloads in place of the PSB

It’s 20th Legion shit
    You've got one life. Blaze on!

I made a promise to a good friend of mine to take a fist full of his ashes and throw it in a buddy of ours face when he dies.
    Quote Originally Posted by walt4dun View Post
    Monsters... Be damned if I'd ever be taken alive by the likes of faggot musslims.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I am an equal opportunity hater.

Better have your own death plans mapped out if you throw dead person dust in my face.

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

A friend of mine from Nebraska wants to do this. He wants his ashes put into 25 shells and for his kids or grandkids to shoot on shell on opening day of duck season in Neb. That way at least he will be remember for 25 years. He's dead serious too.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Better have your own death plans mapped out if you throw dead person dust in my face.
    This.
    I don't need my name in the marquee lights....

There's a guy I work with who lives in NC and will have a viking funeral. He has a fully funded limited pay life policy that will fund it. Apparently, it's really expensive, and a complicated process to load a barge full of accelerant and fuel, and float it out into a navigable waterway and shoot flaming arrows at it. He showed me the permits he had already gotten, and the steps that his family has to take once he's dead. He is really excited about it.