Thread: What is this?

Default What is this?

CE38C24E-8862-43F7-A3C9-C9AAEEBF6640.jpg
    What are these and what effect do they have on sunflowers? I have swarms of them...
    “Get out among the mountains and trees, friend, as soon as you can. They will do more for you than either man or woman could.” Theodore Roosevelt to John Muir after his wife's passing in 1905.

Stank bugs
    "Hunt today to kill tomorrow." - Ron Jolly

Leaffooted bugs

Eastern Leaf Footed Bug - I think they're pests and damage plants and foliage.
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

Sorry rubberhead, you got out-nerded

That was my concern.. They seem to be damaging the edges of the heads. Would fire in a month or so be a reasonable eradication technique?
    “Get out among the mountains and trees, friend, as soon as you can. They will do more for you than either man or woman could.” Theodore Roosevelt to John Muir after his wife's passing in 1905.

They aren’t going to effect your sunflower crop. You plan on burning your sunflowers?

Not sure.. should I not? This is my first go round with a dove field. It’s a relatively small field and my crop isn’t that great. Didn’t use a planter, just plowed and broadcast with no spray. My location is gonna be my primary benefit and if I shoot im gonna try to time it with the corn being picked nearby.

looks like where I am gonna set my dove stool.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Quote Originally Posted by Sportin' Woodies View Post
    Sorry rubberhead, you got out-nerded
    I did. I shouldn't have taken the time to surf if they were pests or not...I knew the risk I was taking...
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

They are more of a pest and hurt fruits and vegetables like tomatoes. They have a needle like thing that pierces the fruit/vegetables. I don’t think they hurt sunflowers. Just a pain in the ass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The thing about burning sunflowers.. is that if you hunt it in a mist you're going to have black marks all over khaki. You'll basically end up with Predator camo..
    Last edited by Highstrung; 07-13-2018 at 08:20 PM.

Typically I wouldn't advise you to bushhog sunflowers.. birds like them standing, but you'll need a place to walk if they're all tight like.. So cut a couple walking lanes, just get it revved up and them as low as you can. Try to get the most out of the heads, I wouldn't cut the lanes until maybe a week before the season.
    Last edited by Highstrung; 07-13-2018 at 08:26 PM. Reason: I'm on a silly ass phone

Thx for the input