Thread: Carnivore Diet

Default Carnivore Diet

Introducing the newest, but not really new, more like re-imaged diet popping off right now.

Seems it has been a silent back runner for quite a few years, but it wasn't until Dr. Shawn Baker's episode on JRE did I see it popping everywhere. (link to podcast)

A quick trip to Reddit's r/zerocarb forum will show you that this new age way of eating isn't exactly that new. Check out Stefansson's The Fat of the Land where he took what he gleaned from the Inuit people back in the early 20th century to heart. http://highsteaks.com/the-fat-of-the...stefansson.pdf (link to book in pdf, just read the first 10-20 pages to get an idea) Another click on that reddit page and you will land on saved copy of "Bears words of wisdom", a normal guy who revealed his diet of all meat for 47 years without any ill effects. http://highsteaks.com/carnivores-cre...rds-of-wisdom/

Still, it's pretty spooky stuff to think that people could be, not only surviving, but thriving on a diet solely of meat and animal fat. What about the scurvy? What about the minerals and fiber that we have been told for years is unquestionably necessary for healthy life? But the meat eaters aren't dying. In fact, they are actually doing quite well. Healing their autoimmune diseases, dropping their pharmaceutical drugs, losing weight and even increasing their libido and fertility. Meatheals.com is a page devoted just for the purpose of people sharing their success story with this crazy way of eating. http://meatheals.com/

It looks like we have another good excuse to take more game this fall. That freezer isn't going to fill itself.
    Last edited by MolliesMaster; 07-13-2018 at 12:06 PM.
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

Wasn't this last known as "The Atkins Diet"?

Sent from my S9+ using Tapatalk

Atkins was a low carb diet which allowed plenty of vegetables. Atkins would be like the keto diet.

This way of eating was supposedly prescribed to diabetics before the invention of insulin injections. It is also a way of life for a few cultures, inuit/eskimo's being the easiest example.

Also, if you will read into it, and 2th should, Stefansson stakes a lot of his claim of health just by noticing the Inuit's teeth. No cavities, no gum issues, still no toothbrush.
    Last edited by MolliesMaster; 07-13-2018 at 12:19 PM.
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

No sugar, no acidic soft drinks. So, I can easily believe the teeth thing.

Sent from my S9+ using Tapatalk

i can assure you i am not reading about any diet that vilifies other food groups.

if you want to base a diet on some past civilization, you have already lost me.

edited to add: toothbrushes are overrated and cavities are caused by sugar.
    Last edited by 2thDoc; 07-16-2018 at 07:07 AM.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

You use the word vilify. Like it’s personal and someone has this sinister plot fueled by evil and greed to shut down and extort money from the grain industry and “Big Carb” complex.

Try reading the case studies and what you’ll find is good data and a conclusion that there is no one size fits all approach. It’s just another tool doctors can use to help heal their patients.

That’s what you want, right?

vilify-speak out against.

i am not a scientist but "man cant live on bread alone" (or any other ONE food group).

Sure they can. Well not one. Protein and fats. It’s been done and is being done. Well. Why does that bother you so?

There's too much cool shit to do on earth than read about diets.

Footnote, I cut down to a pack a day.

congrats, SW

it doesnt bother me, glenn. well, it bothers my common sense. I dont understand how anyone can say "eat strictly meat and be healthy." I think that's silly.

Good thing science doesn’t rely on thinking and silliness.

I'm with SW. With all the cool shit to eat and drink I'll never understand why the fuck anyone would diet.
    Let's see, count calories like a woman or spend an extra 30 minutes a day working out. If you picked the first option then it's time to skin your dick, turn it inside out, and start calling yourself Caitlyn
    Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.