Thread: Gamefisher motor opinions

Default Gamefisher motor opinions

Looking at a small jon boat that has a Gamefisher 9.9 Anyone have any opinions/experience on them? Good,bad, ugly?
    Non Supporting Member

Lawnmower engine with a prop. Cheap way to make a motor for less $. I used Gamefishers as a kid and a couple Ted Williams. Air cooled, sheer pin. All depends on what your plans are for it.
    Low country redneck who moved north

Quote Originally Posted by mudflat View Post
    Lawnmower engine with a prop. Cheap way to make a motor for less $. I used Gamefishers as a kid and a couple Ted Williams. Air cooled, sheer pin. All depends on what your plans are for it.
    You forgot to mention loud, though lawnmower engine probably covers it.

Careful with considering them air cooled. My 7.5 hp has an impellor that as far as I can tell just splashes some water against the bottom of the engine and maybe cools the lower unit. If that impellor is not functioning, it will overheat. Don't do a test run out of the water.

I’ve had a couple and like stated previously they were made by a few different companies over the years. You can still get parts for them in most cases. They are pretty simple little motors that will get you from point A to point B and back if you don’t beat them up. Having said that, they are on the lighter side so don’t try jumping stumps with them.
    \"If they don\'t hatch, they don\'t fly south\"