Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Longbranch??

Cracked my bottle of longbranch tonight.
    It is a straight bourbon so it is not going to be as spicy as Buffalo Trace.
    I'm no expert. I did smell and taste the toffee as mentioned in the breaking bourbon review.
    It was all fine and good and tastes like bourbon that is a lower proof than the 101.

I think the main question is whether it is worth the extra cost. It is not an high priced bottle, but it is a little more than their other offerings.

The thinner bottle will fit better in my turkey vest.

Did it perform the task it was hired to do??

I walked into my local bottle shop this afternoon and walked out like a boss with a bottle of Jim Beam white label... and am unapologetically enjoying it.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Quote Originally Posted by nitro5x6's View Post
    Did it perform the task it was hired to do??

I walked into my local bottle shop this afternoon and walked out like a boss with a bottle of Jim Beam white label... and am unapologetically enjoying it.
    Have you had the JB Black Extra Aged?? It's really good, to me.
    Crops are harvested, animals are killed.

Yes Sir. it is quaffable.. I try to test most Bourbons that comes out.. my local medicine store has samplings often.. I'm still a Knob Creek or Blanton's fan.. at the river , I'm no bourbon snob and have handles of 101 stashed in strategic places the Gutpile hasn't found yet..

It's taking great willpower for me to not open GP's wedding day bottle of Blanton's..
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Picked up a bottle today, was getting my son a bottle of Buffalo Trace for his 31st B Day and saw Longbranch on the shelf when I walked in

Just finished my first glass, on the rocks . (I like the small tervis cups and big square ice cubes so the ice does not dilute it too much )

Pretty dang smooth, really enjoyed it BUT to give a true opinion I better try another glass and turn on Dazed and Confused

I picked up a bottle. Eh. It’s fine but far from great.
    Carolina Counsel

Not a terrible spirit.