Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Healthy Eating

Default Healthy Eating

https://www.healthyeatinginpractice.org/

interesting conference my brother is a part of up in asheville next month.

Look at some of the topics they will discuss each day.

Comments?
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post

Comments?
    Brian looks like he spent the winter at Dachau?

None of those presenters look healthy enough to be lecturing anyone on healthy eating.

Pretty sure I can out lift all of 'em.

but can you outlive em?

agreed, jab. those leafy greens really work for him...

but can you outlive em?

agreed, jab. those leafy greens really work for him...
    If I stay off their pills I believe I can.

Topics look good. Glad to see there is at least a discussion going on and a slight divergence away from the conventional wisdom of the disease causing food pyramid that has been pushed, nay, shoved down our throats for 40+ years.

agreed.

i think this type of conference is for the anti-pill, pro-lifestyle folks.

I just cant get past the "how to make veggies taste/feel like meat" cooking demos.

I told my brother: My desire to hunt and fish far outweighs my desire to live forever. Ergo, I cant keep listening to you go on and on about a plant-based diet because that just isnt going to happen in my life(style).

agreed.

i think this type of conference is for the anti-pill, pro-lifestyle folks.

I just cant get past the "how to make veggies taste/feel like meat" cooking demos.

I told my brother: My desire to hunt and fish far outweighs my desire to live forever. Ergo, I cant keep listening to you go on and on about a plant-based diet because that just isnt going to happen in my life(style).
    I know. But it's instinct to be argumentative regardless.

And I'm not giving up a protein based diet no matter what that gaggle of nerds say.

Methods for Making Prevention Billable made me laugh out loud.
    "hunting should be a challenge and a passion not a way of making a living or a road to fame"

Rubberhead

Quality of life vs. quanitity, fuck all that noise!
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.

Quote Originally Posted by LabLuvR View Post
    Quality of life vs. quanitity, fuck all that noise!
    Says the fella taking pills and getting hips resurfaced.

I'm glad to see a group of medical professionals come together to address increasing quality of life without first turning to pills and procedures.

2th - I think it's awesome your brother was the first registrant in the world for the lifestyle medicine examination. I assume he would like to prescribe less drugs and procedures while focusing more on diet, activity, and prevention, but how else will a lifestyle medicine based practice differ from what a traditional cardiologist has done? Wouldn't it be more of a lifestyle practice instead of a lifestyle medicine based practice?

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Says the fella taking pills and getting hips resurfaced.
    Yea, but I'm fat and happy. Well not really fat, just a little winter storage pouch.
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Stripa Swipa View Post
    Methods for Making Prevention Billable made me laugh out loud.
    then you prove your mind is shut tight.

shouldnt a doctor spend a lot of time talking with a patient about diet?

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerbdog View Post
    I'm glad to see a group of medical professionals come together to address increasing quality of life without first turning to pills and procedures.

2th - I think it's awesome your brother was the first registrant in the world for the lifestyle medicine examination. I assume he would like to prescribe less drugs and procedures while focusing more on diet, activity, and prevention, but how else will a lifestyle medicine based practice differ from what a traditional cardiologist has done? Wouldn't it be more of a lifestyle practice instead of a lifestyle medicine based practice?
    and he was the first to PASS. Certificate 0001. The medical profession will have more board-certified lifestyle physicians graduating from residencies in a few years. This first batch was all self-study.

He is leaving the "pill and procedure" world of cardiology and transitioning into "Lifestyle Medicine." He is into "disease reversal" for diabetes and heart disease. He will focus on diet and lifestyle more than pills and procedures.

I understand the negatives...but people like Stripa need to look at this as a step in the right direction...and the group assembled for this conference is full of very well known and respected speakers in their field. I cant find a darn thing wrong with it but my perspective may be different.

then you prove your mind is shut tight.

shouldnt a doctor spend a lot of time talking with a patient about diet?
    They should but they don't. My Grandmother beat eating right into my head as a young kid and now that I look back at it she was right. She lived to be 98, would not eat anything processed, goats milk or nothing and lot of honey, wheat germ and would not drink anything but spring water. She was way ahead of her time.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

will he be discussing the benefits of Maryjane too?

I hope so. Its paleo, or so I've been told...

Do I think a conference about eating healthy is a bad thing? No. Do I think billing codes for an apple a day prescriptions are moving in the right direction? No.

Who should I be apologizing to since I'm part of the problem?
    "hunting should be a challenge and a passion not a way of making a living or a road to fame"

Rubberhead

Years ago I had an elderly gentleman (78) tell me, during my healthy weightlifting cardio eating right green leaf always loose stool days, that if that diet was the way to long living his generation would have been off the planet long ago. He ate grits and eggs for breakfast, always had a few pieces of bacon on the stove, loved to fry fish, ate steak once a week with a baked potato loaded with real butter, and enjoyed six beers daily with a bourbon before bed. To my knowledge he is still living today although I heard he is more into the bourbon as his choice instead of the six beers.

Quote Originally Posted by Stripa Swipa View Post
    Do I think a conference about eating healthy is a bad thing? No. Do I think billing codes for an apple a day prescriptions are moving in the right direction? No.

Who should I be apologizing to since I'm part of the problem?
    I'd much rather see a physician bill for consultations and nutritional management than for stents, writing prescriptions and removing feet. Healthcare should be reserved for a response to an acute crisis and for healthy people counseling unhealthy people on how to change their lifestyle. You are smart enough that you don't need to pay for the second part. However there are others who need that counseling and I for one believe they should have some skin in the game.