Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mallard limit reduc and MRP fags....

I kill my divers on a pond. The 2 mallard limit won’t bother me as I’m lucky to kill 2 a season. We shoot ringnecks, gadwalls, redheads and wood ducks.
    Private Land Rubberhead # 1

Quote Originally Posted by beanhunter View Post
    And their star has just left the building for greener pastures....
    I hope you are joking.
    Private Land Rubberhead # 1

Quote Originally Posted by ndbrown213 View Post
    I hope you are joking.
    He ain't joking
    "I'm just a victim of a circumstance"

If 20 wild mallards mixed with black mallards comes in and sets down, I promise to only shoot 2 of each..

Natural Born Killer Prostaff - Killing Tomorrow's Trophies Today...

TFC -"Be tough or get tough"

Conservation Permit Holder #5213

Quote Originally Posted by coot nasty View Post
    If they don't fix broad River .... Ain't nobody gonna kill a wild mallard in my area.
    https://www2.dnr.sc.gov/ManagedLands...d/Contactus/68
    Andrew Hook the new Waterfowl Biologist SCDNR hired for that area has complete control of the Broad River Cat 1. He was previously employed by SCWA. His new management plan for Broad River Cat 1 is to manage for ringnecks. He is opposed to managing for the mallards and blacks that are still migrating there, because they are harder to hunt. He wants ringnecks for better harvest results..........you can't make this crap up!
    Last edited by BRR; 07-08-2018 at 12:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BRR View Post
    The new Waterfowl Biologist SCDNR hired for that area has complete control of the Broad River Cat 1. He was previously employed by SCWA. His new management plan for Broad River Cat 1 is to manage for ringnecks. He is opposed to managing for the mallards and blacks that are still migrating there, because they are harder to hunt. He wants ringnecks for better harvest results..........you can't make this crap up!
    Great....

Lots of people as of late finding things that are unattractive and lackadaisical pertaining to our dnr's practices for ducks and habitat. The people we elect to office should be our voice for change. It's easy to think that doesn't hold water but there is strength in numbers y'all.
    Quote Originally Posted by BOG View Post
    Tip:
    Although it is natural for you and seems to be out of your hands, try to suppress your natural inclination towards dumbassedness and do some research of your own.I wish you luck.
    Tekton Game Calls
    http://tektongamecalls.com

Andrew Hook the new Waterfowl Biologist SCDNR hired for that area has complete control of the Broad River Cat 1. He was previously employed by SCWA. His new management plan for Broad River Cat 1 is to manage for ringnecks. He is opposed to managing for the mallards and blacks that are still migrating there, because they are harder to hunt. He wants ringnecks for better harvest results..........you can't make this crap up!
    He certainly didn't like what I had to say on our post visit evaluation as to the importance of the Mallard and Blacks , but did balk back down when asked what the hunters there applied for BR to specifically hunt. What a mess. Need to check those crops.
    Genesis 9;2

Quote Originally Posted by beanhunter View Post
    It's easy to think that doesn't hold water but there is strength in numbers y'all.
    Absolutely!!!
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

That would be one of the greatest tragedies for waterfowl in my lifetime if it’s allowed to happens.

Where is Derrell Shipes on this????

Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

Quote Originally Posted by BOGSTER View Post
    That would be one of the greatest tragedies for waterfowl in my lifetime if it’s allowed to happens.

Bog I hope you know some numbers to call. We need more pressure on this situation.

Bog I hope you know some numbers to call. We need more pressure on this situation.
    This is a fact...

I was told they are planting “grass type” Foods bc it is a more “natural” food source. I assume corn or rice would be the preferred crop to be planted for mallards and blacks?
    Sea Ark 1542 w/ Yamaha 40
    Xpress 16 w/ 50 Hammer
    War Eagle 15 w/ 30 Hammer

--------------------------------------------------

"Sometimes you gotta grab the bull by the horns and the women by the tits and take charge in your life" - General Patton

"I'm very drunk and I intend on getting still drunker before this evening's over."
    - Rhett Butler

BRR clear your box please
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

BRR clear your box please
    Clear

They planted corn this year but not as much as years past. Some areas were left alone for natural vegetation/food or because they couldn't get the water off of these areas to plow.

Other areas are plowed but I didn't see anything growing when I was there a couple weeks ago. The field south of the tracks has corn planted in strips with plowed dirt between. Not sure what the plan is there but I know some chufa was planted in that field last year.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

What that genius will learn is the 300+ geese up there will chow every chufa nut in the ground, long before a migratory duck even sees that place.

THIS IS PURELY OPINION:
    Its hard to be a duck manager if you keep reinventing the wheel with ideas like "moist soil management" or natural vegetation or grasses or open areas, etc etc etc.

It shouldnt be rocket science when CORN has been shown to be the best attractant out there. I swear people know this but when february rolls around and their fat asses dont like the idea of hours upon hours of tractor work, they start thinking of lazy ass ways to do something different they read about.

If I managed BR, I would plant corn everywhere. The "wet spots that wouldnt dry out" is code for "I didnt feel like unhooking the planter and putting the disc back on."
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    THIS IS PURELY OPINION:
    Its hard to be a duck manager if you keep reinventing the wheel with ideas like "moist soil management" or natural vegetation or grasses or open areas, etc etc etc.

It shouldnt be rocket science when CORN has been shown to be the best attractant out there. I swear people know this but when february rolls around and their fat asses dont like the idea of hours upon hours of tractor work, they start thinking of lazy ass ways to do something different they read about.

If I managed BR, I would plant corn everywhere. The "wet spots that wouldnt dry out" is code for "I didnt feel like unhooking the planter and putting the disc back on."
    True and if there’s a wet spot that can’t dry there’s alway millet or rice
    Last edited by Duckman#1; 07-09-2018 at 08:36 PM.
    80-20 Genaration

He retired.
    Listen to your elders. Not because they are always right but because they have more experiences of being wrong.

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give" Sir Winston Churchill