I own a 2008 Ruff n Tuff which I became the owner of in 2015. Other than having to replace 4 year old batteries last Summer, a parking brake cable, and a tail light, it has performed well for me in what I would describe as light use conditions. That is, until Friday. My wife took it for a spin with my daughter and called me shortly thereafter to tell me that it had lost all forward and reverse capabilities. Everything else was working. Signals, lights, sollenoid, etc. I arrived and took control. Jiggled some wiring, turned it off and on a few times, and after a few tries, managed to achieve forward mobility. I kept it to the floor and took it back to the house, but it was definitely limping a bit and making some different noises. It also was shuttering some. I called a repair guy I had used the previous year to come and take a look at it, and yesterday he diagnosed the issue: "the motor brushes have gone bad." I am not disputing that diagnosis, but I am seeking second and third opinions. So far I have over a dozen different opinions, but that isnt entirely the reason for this post. Knowing that RnT is no longer in business, and any RnT OEM replacement parts have the reputation as being cheap Chinese garbage, I asked my repair guy what my options are. He said a lot of people are tearing out the rear ends of RnT's and replacing them with EZGO equipment. He also told me he just so happened to have one brand new RnT motor left from when he serviced them quite a bit back around the time mine was new. I asked him how much the EZGO parts and install would be and he gave me a rough estimate of $2000. I then asked about the RnT motor and he quoted me a price of $1200. Both of those prices seem completely inflated. Anyone ever replace the electric motor on a Ruff n Tuff with an original Ruff n Tuff part? Has anyone ever modified one to use an EZGO motor? do those prices seem sky high, or are they reasonable? I seem to recall we have some very knowledgeable members when it comes to these vehicles, so tell me what you think.