Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Tred Barta's new show

Originally posted by QuackAttack:
    His latest commercial, showing him braining a YFT with a billy club is just a bit much.
    Hold up a minute. I have not seen that...in fact I haven't seen any of his televised shit. It actually shows him beating a fish on television??? That is NOT cool at all.

If you need to hit a fish you have mishandled it or you're out of position. A tuna should go smoothly from the water to the fishbox via a gaff. Anything extraneous to this process is just plain ego, stupidity or testosterone, or some combination thereof. Hitting a fish is a waste of time and effort. I have never hit a fish and I have never seen a good mate hit a fish....EVER!

I take back what I said that was complimentary...he is once again an opinionated asshole and obviously not a very good deckhand.

I love it, this man has caught more Big eye tuna than pretty much any person on the planet, and we got people right here on scducks who think they know more than him about tuna fishing. By the way FishW you ever had a 100 lbs tuna knock the door off the fish box with his tail cause some dumbass did not nutralize him. Hell, he's a asshole, but i'd fish with him any day of the week, that is a tuna catching sum bitch. Other than nacl h20 fishing i don't put much stock in tred, but i got to give it to him on the tuna.
    It\'s better to burn out than to fade away.

FW

Here is a article written for commercial fishermen to describe the proper way to handle tuna to ensure the quality of the meat. Among the steps they recomend, beating the fish in the head.

We dont club the fish but do sometimes use the spike they recomend (in our case a screwdriver) to kill the fish. We do it to stop the fish from flopping around in the fishbox and bruising its meat.

Here is an excerpt, the entire article can be found at the below link:

Once aboard, the fish should be killed immediately 1 :
    • Stun the fish with a sharp blow to the top of the head, between the eyes, using
    a fish club or other such blunt instrument (Figure 6).
    • Use the fish club to disengage the hook from the fish’s mouth.
    • Stand over the fish, steadying it firmly with your legs braced against the
    pectoral fins.
    • Locate the soft spot (Figure 7) by running your thumb over the top of the head.
    • Insert a spike into the soft spot at a 45° angle. If the spike is inserted in the right
    place, the fish will give one last shudder (the body will stiffen, the mouth will fall
    open and the first dorsal fin will open) before going limp (Figure 8). If this does not
    happen, the soft spot should be spiked again.
    • The spike should be moved around to destroy the brain until the body stops moving
    and the jaw goes slack.

http://www.spc.org.nc/coastfish/fish..._E/Sashimi.pdf

i don't know jacksquat about tuna fishing...but i do know that he hit that fish for show. heck, it wasnt even flopping around the boat a bit. he was all into himself after his solo fishing trip paid off and wanted to show off for the camera another second or two. that fish was ready for the icebox as is....
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Maybe he was just doing it the "Barta way" as he puts it.

He's an asshole and frequently admits it in his 30 minute show............and I believe him.

Right you are toofer.

Yeah Fish, the billy clubbing is on all the commercials I've seen.

Why am I not surprised that our resident macho-man, 6.1235 duck killing per trip sumbitch Hammerz is the one person on SCDucks who worships Barta? Do you really think this guy is worthy of your adoration? I didn't think it was possible for me to think less of you than I already did but you have done it again. Nice work.
    Ya know that little white speck on top of chicken shit, well its chicken shit too!

I love it, this man has caught more Big eye tuna than pretty much any person on the planet,
    Hammerhead - where did you learn this fact?

Oh, let me guess, you watched the show and heard Barta bragging about his accomplishments... great research.

Were you held as a child?
    Carla Dee

Hammers, shut the fuck up you ignorant fuckhole. You don't know shit about offshore fishing cause if you did you would know that it don't take no beating to subdue a 100lb tuna. Go fuck yourself dickhead.

More bigeye tuna than anyone else on the planet? Thats about like Muhammed Ali's dumbass [img]graemlins/afro.gif[/img] daughter saying that Ali is the most famous person on earth short of Jesus Christ. Because someone wrote it down does not necessarily mean its the truth.

Please, allow me to reiterate...GO FUCK YOURSELF!

DOG PILE ON HUMMERZ!!!!! [img]graemlins/10_9_132.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbanger.gif[/img]
    At least I'm housebroken.

Originally posted by GRW:
    FW

Here is a article written for commercial fishermen to describe the proper way to handle tuna to ensure the quality of the meat. Among the steps they recomend, beating the fish in the head.
    Thats cool IF you feel you must. But I have found that regardless of tuna species, the best way to kill the fish fast is to cut his gill rake with a pair of wire cutters and lean the fish to that side. If its a bluefin, the fish needs to be strung up by its tail pretty much as soon as it comes out of the water. Beating is silly when you consider bruising meat that could bring $25 per lb. But if you must...

The big thing here is performing this alleged beating on TELEVISION! My question is WHY? Once more...say it with me...WHY? Because hes and megalamaniac asshole, thats why.

Heh heh. Hammers is a big boy Nitz. I expect he'll have a word or two for the pile! Enjoy the fireworks...

Fuck him!

You guys will have to wait til tomorrow for Hammer's reply.

School gets out at 3:30

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    At least I'm housebroken.

MC is offline Daydreamer Extraordinaire

[img]graemlins/spit.gif[/img] You get the award today Catdaddy [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

For 10 years in the back of SportFish magazine all we read was "Fuck you conservation minded wimps. I will kill all the billfish I WANT to kill. If I kill a sailfish to eat you better keep your mouth shut at the dock or prepare for a beating." Now he is Mr. Conservation with his little Bahamian tourney and a fucked up tv show.

I like a guy who says what he wants and sticks to his guns. I hate a guy who is a hypocritical idiot.

Lol JAB, I haven't read one of his articles in years and had forgotten all about them. I know some S.C. bill fisherman that would gladly meet his yankee ass at the dock and show him an entirely different use for that billy club.

Well guys i new that would get the gallery going. FishW I stand corrected, you are obviously a expert, Tred Barta knows Nothing, you know it all. What a dumb fuck, hell I did not even know there was a manual on how to take care of a tuna but even the manual says whck um in the head. "THAT IS COOL IF YOU FEEL YOU MUST BUT I HAVE FOUND THE BEST WAY IS TO GET A PAIR OF WIRE CUTTERS........ Give me a break, you are wrong, you ain't got a clue. You just keep putting your little 25Lbs yellowfin that you catch, in the fish box and those of us who have caught enough big tuna to know what they will do to a fish box, will keep crushing the skull, bleeding them out, and then properly stack um and pack um on ice. By the way tred fishes on small boats, on small boats you have small boxes, you do not throw a green tuna in a small fish box you dumb FUCK. FW You don't know jack shit about Offshore fishing, your just some rich little prick who's daddy bought a boat and just cause you been out several times and daddy owned a boat you think you know how to fish.
    Go learn how to fish --- Scratch that just keep doing what you are doing. Rubberheads like you keep more fish in the sea and waterfowl in the sky, so real men can keep killing 5.2 ducks per hunt, and put 100+ pound tuna on the dock.
    I've got a photo of my last trip to pirates cove, that will show you five or six BIG tuna on the dock. By the way the all have their skull crushed and instead of cutting the gills We just reach in and snatch their heart out then two slits on the tail, maybe one day i'll let your rookie ass on the Bluewater Bandit and I'll teach YOU the proper way to handle a tuna.

FW, all of the fuck hims still don't change thae fact your wrong, wrong , wrong, anyone who has caught any amount of Big Tuna knows you got to bleed um, and a good bash to the head makes it alot easier. Yeh, you know what your doing allow me to quote YOU "A TUNA should go smoothly from the water to the box VIA THE GAFF" Yeh you know what your doing. You gonna pull that tuna back out and bleed him later, oh better yet you going to leave him on the Gaff and get out your wire cutters and run um through his gills. I rest my case you don't know jack shit. Your words prove it. Hell grw even showed you the manual. This is a utter waste of My time Go learn how to fish.

Catdaddy I was already looking for ducks by 3:30, my classes are over at 2:00 and instead of reading about killing ducks and catching fish like SOME on here I get my ass out and DO IT.
    It\'s better to burn out than to fade away.

Hummers you stupid fuck. You brag about throwing 100+ pounds of tuna on the dock in Pirates Cove? Do you realize that most of the boats out of Oreon Inlet have a self imposed tuna limit of 18? Thats 18 40-60 pounders. I bet you get a hard on after catching two while all the other boys are crushing them, slamming 18 tuna and a wahoo on the dock. It seems that the years go by and you still remain a sad, ignorant fuck who quotes Marlin and Sportfishing magazine every time you try to make a point. The bell has just rung, I think its time for your next class.
    “The price of freedom is eternal vigilance” - Thomas Jefferson