Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tred Barta's new show

Anybody catching it on the Outdoor Channel? I don't get it but I saw the longbow/mule deer stalk episode last week while visiting my parents over Thanksgiving. He's a controversial dude but it's good to see some real hunting on TV for a change.
    "hunting should be a challenge and a passion not a way of making a living or a road to fame"

Rubberhead

Fuck that opinionated asshole! [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img]

Hell, if he weren't from Long Island I'd think he's perfect.
    "hunting should be a challenge and a passion not a way of making a living or a road to fame"

Rubberhead

Originally posted by FishWhistle:
    Fuck that opinionated asshole! [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img]
    Sportsfans, there is the POT calling the Kettle BLACK

Birds of a feather...shit on one another from time to time.

I love the show he thinks he is a know it all but he is funny. You want to hate the guy but you end up laughing because he doesn't put on a show for the camera like most hosts. That mule deer show was the best he missed alot of deer and fell in the stream but still persisted and came away with a deer. GREAT SHOW.

tradorion Coots

Never even heard of the guy or the show... time and name of it???

T

It is called The Best And Worst Of Tred Barta and comes on OLN and fridays at 9:00 pm.

I'm with whistle. The guy's a dildo...

Barta is a yahoo, but the show is entertaining. I loved the show the other day, when he went on a "solo mission" to the canyons... filed a float plan with the coast guard. Yeah, just Barta and two camera crews. Dangerous stuff... He caught one tuna and was real proud of himself. Then he clubbed the fish 17 times in a primal scream... pro-rigged genius.
    Carla Dee

I've been reading his article in Sport Fishing for many years. He is entertaining... I wouldn't fish with him though.
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went."
    Will Rogers

Barta is an extremist in everything he does. If he were muslim he'd be in Iraq shootin at American soldiers.

There are a lot of guys that would put on great hunting and fishing shows if they had sponsors.

I think he is everything that that a true sportman is not.

His use of light tackle puzzles me. The use of 30s for marlin is damaging to the fish for which he pays so much lip service about preserving. Kind of ironic and stupid at the same time ain't it? I have never released a marlin after a long fight and felt good about its chances of survival. Using light tackle ensures a longer fight.

I've "released" a few on light tackle that I'm sure did quite well... in fact, I think that you were on the boat for a couple of those "releases"... too bad we didn't get to catch them before they "released" themselves.

barta is an idiot. plain and simple. but i still prefer watching his show to 80% of the other wannabee rubbaheads on tv. at least he has the fever... and i agree that his article in the back of sport fishing is better than most.

one of favorite tv moments was a quail hunt... obviously pen raised chickens... the guest comments, "i'm really impressed at how you always know what covers holds birds... its like you just know where they are going to be"
    Carla Dee

Originally posted by Carla Dee:

one of favorite tv moments was a quail hunt... obviously pen raised chickens... the guest comments, "i'm really impressed at how you always know what covers holds birds... its like you just know where they are going to be"
    lmao...that's the funniest shit I've read in a month of Sundays

Amazing....this thread is reading just like the letters to the editor section of Sport Fishing Magazine. He is the only reason I renewed my Sport Fishing subscription for several years. He's kind of like my preacher, I don't agree with him but about half the time, BUT, he always makes me think a little harder but what I actually claim to believe in. I hope he has a good run on the tube. Too many times I have tuned in to see some TV personality on a SCWA hunt at Rimini! Commercial hunting is back with a different face and we need more yahoos like Tred to show some different paths.

Rubberhead

Swiper, I too read his article and I too often disagree. He is a colorful and controversial figure. After all that I have said here negative and otherwise, I still think he is good for the sport and an asset for Sportfishing Mag.

i can't stand that guy. with the sound OFF, his program is bearable...
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Speaking of dildoes...how are you 2th old boy? Jk, of course! lol

I can't stand Barta either. His latest commercial, showing him braining a YFT with a billy club is just a bit much. Sure, we enjoy the bloodsport but there are plenty who don't care one way or the other that just don't need to be seeing that shit on t.v. People like this guy turn the stomaches of many non-outdoorsmen and we don't need it. I'm not surprised he would try to muscle 450 pound blues on 30# tackle or shoot tamie quail. He seems like just the sort.
    Ya know that little white speck on top of chicken shit, well its chicken shit too!