Thread: Falcon boats ?

Default Falcon boats ?

Anyone own one of the 14 ' foot Falcons ? How do you like it and how does it compare to a 14' Hightide bugbuster ?
    HRCH Fat Daddy Cash MH
    HRCH Tonka's Rebel Yell MH

I wish someone would tell the bass boat owner that falcon name was taken along time ago. But the the little falcon boats are good boats... What are you going to use it for? But to answer your question it's about the same as a bug buster
    Last edited by coot nasty; 06-15-2018 at 11:12 PM.
    "I'm just a victim of a circumstance"

Quote Originally Posted by coot nasty View Post
    I wish someone would tell the bass boat owner that falcon name was taken along time ago. But the the little falcon boats are good boats... What are you going to use it for? But to answer your question it's about the same as a bug buster
    Just fish and hunt out of. I have a Hightide now and it is rated for a 40hp and the Falcons are rated for a 25hp. I have a 25hp Tohatsu 4stroke EFI on it now. So I am thinking a Falcon may better suit me,
    HRCH Fat Daddy Cash MH
    HRCH Tonka's Rebel Yell MH

They have a pad like a fast craft.

Quote Originally Posted by coot nasty View Post
    I wish someone would tell the bass boat owner that falcon name was taken along time ago.
    But been vacant for probably 20 years. Go on NADA and try to find a brand name that hasn't been used.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    I can eat a bowl of alphabet soup and shit out a thought process better than the vast majority of you clemmings.

Depending on the year and model, the early ones were more like Winyahs and the later ones are more like a fast craft. Good little boats. As with all the little boats from that era, the transom and floors could be suspect if haven't already been replaced. But I'd own one.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    I can eat a bowl of alphabet soup and shit out a thought process better than the vast majority of you clemmings.

I have one. It’s a good duck boat. Mine is a 91 model I believe. I’ve replaced the floor, and had to do some work on the bottom. I put a new 30 tohatsu on it in October. Use to have a 40 omc on it. It’s not near as fast as it use to be, but it gets the job done. If you are planning on making it a fishing/hunt boat I recommend a high tide. I use mine solely for hunting.
    867-5309

Had one and wish I hadn't sold it.
    It's a lot like the Bug Buster but mine had a little set back built into the transom. Put a Johnnyrude 40 on it and it was heavy in the back without much free board. Put a 3 cylinder Merc on it and it was a lot happier and faster as well.

About as good as you can get for a 1 man fishing/hunting boat made from 'glass, just don't go thinking your going to beat on it like aluminum.

Quote Originally Posted by Goin Coastal View Post
    But been vacant for probably 20 years. Go on NADA and try to find a brand name that hasn't been used.
    I know I'm just messing with Steven.... I think Chris had the falcon molds a couple years ago then sold it to a guy at the coast.
    "I'm just a victim of a circumstance"