Thread: Pond to garden, water pump type needed?

Default Pond to garden, water pump type needed?

Anyone able to offer advice on what type/size water pump to get? Would like to locate a 110v pump right next to the pond and push water uphill to 6 sprinkler heads with furthest approximately 380' at about 25-30' higher elevation. I am clueless on what type to get and fairly confused. Current system is tied into well water system to house and need to get it off.
    Worship the LORD, not HIS creation.

"No self respecting turkey hunter would pay $5 for a call that makes a good sound when he can buy a custom call for $80 and get the same sound."-NWiles

Submersible pump tied to the dock is what pa in law has. About the same distance and elevation. Works great for him. I’d say a 1hp would do the job just fine.
    Last edited by SaltMuck; 06-10-2018 at 05:24 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Go Tigers!

Thanks for the replies.

Red Huck have you used this pump?

Not trying to short cut here. I've done a bit of research online but in my ignorance of water pumps I am still a little confused. Figured surely someone here has the same or similar set up. Again, any is advice appreciated.

"No self respecting turkey hunter would pay $5 for a call that makes a good sound when he can buy a custom call for $80 and get the same sound."-NWiles

Quote Originally Posted by Spur hunter View Post
    Thanks for the replies.

Red Huck have you used this pump?

Not trying to short cut here. I've done a bit of research online but in my ignorance of water pumps I am still a little confused. Figured surely someone here has the same or similar set up. Again, any is advice appreciated.
    That swallow well pump will only pump around 8 gpm. You need a sump pump 1hp range that will pump 30-50 gpm. A single phase 120V will use more power than your deep well. Get you a 5gal bucket set pump in. Put in pond, the bucket will keep pump from pumping trash from pond..

Gould's Irrigator, if your only using it as irrigation. This dude will pump 40-60GPM at 100' of head. They are designed to work without a pressure switch and surge tank, either on or off.

No I read the specs and reviews

file:///C:/Users/clean/AppData/Local/Packages/Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe/TempState/Downloads/Goulds%20GT%20Technical%20Guide%20(1).pdf

Been busy as a cat covering stuff up lately. Thank you for all the replies.